Chapter 33 - Eviction Day

It was officially eviction day and Kennedy had no clue what to do. Dumbledore had yet to send her anything back and right now she had been awaiting the clocks countdown to three-thirty when Dean and a few of his department members would show up to help her bring her stuff to the bottom floor where she was supposedly supposed to move them somewhere that she was going to stay.

Dean still believed the fact that she was going to stay with her granddad for awhile but as the seconds ticked on the cracked clock that sat in one of the boxes by the living room door Kennedy's heart began to clench.

The sweat that dampened her palms seemed to never go away no matter how many times she wiped them against her pants. And eventually she just result in standing up from the arm of the couch so she could stalk off to the kitchen where she proceed to wash her hands.

Mindlessly Kennedy pumped a few blobs of soap into her hand and scrubbed aggressively as she watched the suds smear against her glistening palm.

Snapping out of it enough to flick on the cold water Kennedy stopped scrubbing her hands when no water came from the tap. A flash of confusion flashed across her face when she remembered the same thing happened a few years ago when she was almost evicted for the first time.

An annoyed groan slipped passed Kennedy's lips as she leant her hands against the rim of the old sink, her hair falling into her face.

With a few quick adjustments Kennedy found herself propped up on the counter next to her where the vent from above seemed to hang overhead.

'I should probably close that.' Kennedy thought to herself, but she immediately shrugged it off knowing that it wouldn't matter if she did or didn't.

A load of construction workers were going to come in and revamp the place to it's former glory, so Kennedy thought the least she could do was to make it as difficult for them as possible.

Normally she would've stood up and fixed it but she was in a rotten mood.

Not only had Dumbledore not gotten back to her on top of the fact that she was getting evicted, she had also went to retrieve the money she had spent years saving up for only to find the box she stored in the vent to be completely gone.

Not a single dollar was left.

The only thing that remained in the broken vent had been a yellow sunflower earing. Kennedy didn't have her ears pierced, and the only person that could've gotten in here would be her Aunt. Though she quickly flicked that thought across her mind because there was no way Bonnie would've known where Kennedy hid her money, and she definitely didn't where sunflower earing's.

Though as Kennedy looked back up to the vent a cold feeling swarmed through her. The only person she had ever told where she hid the money from her Aunt had been Windy herself.

Nobody in the world knew this, not even Fred or George or even Molly. And Kennedy always told those three everything, especially Molly when it came down to things involving her Aunt.

She wanted nothing more then to deny the fact that Windy would've robbed her, but as much as she wanted to believe that she wouldn't, Kennedy couldn't deny the possibility.

In fact all the clues led to Windy because the one time Kennedy had met Windy at the rehab center for the first time she had been wearing the exact same earing's.

So not only was Kennedy getting evicted and would most likely be homeless for the summer, she was absolutely broke beyond belief.

Though of course she could always take a trip to the leaky caldron and stay there for awhile since she seemed to have endless amounts of money in her vault, though the wasn't even sure how much she had left in her vault.