Chapter 69 - Roasted Chicken

Her heart thud in her chest once Cedric was pulled from the fighting ring with his golden egg in hand. Everything had gone well for him and he was almost crying tears of joy with how happy he was that he defeat his dragon and came out victorious.

Viktor had already gone as well and currently, Fleur was out with her dragon battling it as fast as she could claiming she had a sister date to get to soon after.

Soon Fleur would reappear through the tent entryway and that would be a signal that Kennedy had five minutes to prepare until she was to go out and battle her dragon.

The Hebridean Black.

Charlie had snuck in a little bit ago to give her some pointers, but none of them seemed to register in Kennedy's head after he informed her that her dragon was probably the largest of the bunch.

After that time in a way slowed for her.

Of course, she would talk to people who decided to chat with her and she wouldn't dare let any of them see how scared she truly was.

And she truly was terrified.

So when Fleur appeared with only a couple scrapes on her arms and her face Kennedy's heart sunk. She was to go next, and she was completely unprepared.

Though, how does one become completely prepared to steal a dragons golden egg it spent all its life protecting?

This was beyond Kennedy so she had to go with what she had been told.

One, don't look the dragon in its eyes. This makes you look cocky.

Two, dodge, dodge, dodge. Don't try to attack, it will only slow you down.

Three, Never. Stop. Moving.

"You're out in five." A man informed Kennedy to which she gave him a false confident thumbs up before returning to wringing her hands together out of nerves.

All the other contestants have been removed to go have their minor injuries taken care of and to just remove them from the area so the next people to go wouldn't have anything to distract them.

Though in all honesty, Kennedy wished for nothing more than a distraction so the time would just fly by her until she was forced out into the arena.

"Hey, Harry," Kennedy state to put an end to the deafening silence. "How are you feeling?"

As per usual Kennedy shoved her feelings away so she can make sure her friend is doing okay.

"Well with the fact that in some time I may either die or come out of this alive is rather frightening, but other than that, I'd say I'm good," Harry said as he nodded his head with a playful smile that calmed some of Kennedy's raging nerves.

"Yeah." She laughed.

"How about you? Youre up in... a little more than three minutes."

"Thanks for the reminder," Kennedy smirked.

"Yeah sorry about that."

"No, you're fine. Uh, I mean I'm relatively the same considering I could very well be a roasted chicken by the end of this all. By the way, if I do I need you to inform the twins that I would have gladly married either of them." Kennedy laughed which caused Harry to scoff out a laugh.

"Of course in what may be your last few minutes on this earth you find a way to drag those two into this."

"To be fair, they are the closest thing to a family I've got."

"I get that... I feel the same about Hermione and Ron. Or I did, about him anyway."

"What happened between you two?" Kennedy questioned with genuine concern. "I mean you guys were the closest thing to brothers I had seen in a while."