Chapter 68 - Preparation

"Kennedy!" Maisie laughed hysterically as she collapsed onto the girls back who was busy doing the one hundred pushups Nova asked of her.

"Ah- Maisie! What're you doing?" Kennedy groaned as she pushed Maisie off of her back.

"You missed it! You missed it!" The girl wheezed out.

Kennedy stared at Maisie with a 'are you serious' look on her face as she pushed herself up from the ground to dust herself off.

"Missed what?"

"Cedric and I were hanging out with his friends and Harry came up to him to talk about something away from everyone. When they were done we watched Harry walk away where Draco started mouthing off, and next thing I know, the king himself Mad-Eye Moody turns him into a ferret and throws him around like a toy!" Maisie cackled as she struggled to keep herself standing upright.

"...what?" Kennedy asked with a small laugh as she watched her friend lose the ability to breathe properly as odd horn noises started to squeeze out of her lungs.

"A ferret?" Nova questioned from the tree she was leant against as she looked to Kennedy who shrugged as a smile was on her face from watching her friend crack up.

"Maisie," Kennedy laughed as she helped her friend stand upright. "Calm down! Is this all you came to tell me?"

Maisie slowly got a hold of herself but her giggles kept coming from her mouth as she wiped tears from her bright red cheeks.

"No, I had something else but I can't remember now." She state as she took a deep breath. "Damn, that was the most 'ab' work out-y thing I have ever done."

Nova face palmed behind Kennedy with a slight snort from what the girl had said before she stepped forward and placed a hand on Kennedy's shoulder.

"You've got thirty-five more push-ups to go. Drop and give me then while you talk to her." Nova instruct.

"Wait, I wanted to get a drink of water-"

"Do you want me to sit on your back again?" Nova bit back causing Kennedy to poke her tongue into her cheek with distaste.

"No." She replied.

"Then get a move along."

Kennedy grunt as she dropped to her knees before resuming her push-ups position while simultaneously looking up to Maisie who was fanning herself.

"Remember anything yet?" Kennedy asked.

"Mmm... nope." Maisie state only to furrow her brows. "Wait.. Cedric told me- KENNEDY!"

Hearing her friend yell made Kennedy flinch as she finished about ten push ups.

"Bloody hell." Nova sighed as she sharpened a couple of her knives on the rock nearby the tree stump.

"Dude, what the hell?" Kennedy state as she pant slightly from the constant push ups she was doing.

"You're fighting a dragon?! A dragon Kennedy!" Maisie cried out.

"Yes, I am very aware, thank you. Shouldn't you be more worried about the fact that Cedric is fighting a dragon to?" Kennedy point out.

"No, you are the one fight-" Maisie comment before pausing as her eyes widened. "Cedric!" She screamed before turning around and sprinting back into the castle.

Kennedy laughed as she was just abut finished with her push ups.

"You're friends are so weird." Nova hummed while Kennedy grunt in response.