Chapter 52 - Mushy Brains

"You boy's got everything you wanted and or needed?" Kennedy asked with a wide smile as she watched Fred and George sprint around the shop, grabbing anything and everything they could afford off the shelves including small bits and pieces of joke items that they claimed were for a surprise in the future.

And as much as Kennedy hated surprised she couldn't help by laugh and go along with it since she enjoyed seeing them so happy about something they were planning.

It also wasn't to bad watching Lee get tote around like a handbag just to be handed things he could barely even hold with how much the twins were giving him.

The occasional groan of annoyance flew from the boy's mouth but Kennedy could tell he to liked seeing his friends so passionate and forward about something since it wasn't to often they got like this. They did always have energy and passion towards things involving pranks, but they had rarely been able to see them so excited and forward about something they had planned.

Eventually there fun did have to come to and end, much to there dismay, but Kennedy promised next trip that they could each pick out three items and that she would pay for them in full. Normally they would have shook there heads no, but her reasoning for offering had them stumped to the point where they had to agree.

She told the two of them that after everything she had put them through over the years involving her father and how they never seemed to even think about leaving her in the dust that she needed to thank them somehow.

Of course they respond that having her in their life was far more rewarding then anything a shop could buy, but Kennedy wasn't having it and pushed a little more. After bringing up a few more things they had done for her the two of them realized she wouldn't give up, so they let this one time slide.

"Yeah- wait! No... okay yes." Fred state as he back tracked towards the area where the U-No-Poo's were to grab a couple more before he and George trot up to the front cashier and paid for there new joke items.

"I feel like I just held up a million chip sized babies." Lee grumbled as he wiggled his arms some after handing the twins everything they had bought.

"Oh hush, you're lucky they ran out of time before we had to head back otherwise you would have been carrying far more then you just were." Kennedy state with a pointed look that made Lee sigh.

"I guess you're right. As per usual." He groaned pettily which made Kennedy roll her eyes and bump his hip with hers.

"You love me, and you know it."

"I guess." He mumbled with a smirk that made Kennedy laugh.

Once the twins had there bags full of new products the four of them left the shop and made there way through the town once more so they could head back to Hogwarts before there next preparation class for the OWL's in another hour and a half.

"Explain to me why we are leaving so early? I mean we didn't even go to The Three Broomsticks like we normally do." George comment as he walked through the snow without a care in the world.

"Because George," Fred state. "Kenny over here is very persistent on making it to that optional study course for the OWL's."

Kennedy sent a glare his way as she turned around to walk in front of them while walking backwards.

"Mind you I actually intend on passing my exams." She state with her eyebrows raised.

"Why though? It's not like you know what you want to be." He added on with a smirk.

"So?"

"Why put in all the effort?"

"I'd like to have as many options as possible Frederic." Kennedy state.