Prologue 3: A Dismissive Ranking!

As Grim was about to strike again, Riddle got the better of of him.

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"  Shouts Riddle as he calls out to his magic.

Grim is then caught with a special design of a collar that looks like a heart with thorns.  His attempt at his attack failed.

"Nygah!  The heck is this!?"  Grim is dumbfounded by this new device he's stuck in.

"Laws of the Queen of hearts: Number 23, "One shall never bring a cat into a festival.  You being a cat means you've broken the rule.  I shall have you leave at once."

"I'm not a cat!!" Grim barks back at his words.

"I'll burn this collar right up and... E-eh?  I can't use my fire!"  He keeps trying but nothing happens, not even his hands can stir up fire.

"Hmph!  You won't be using any magic until I remove the collar.  Just like an ordinary cat."  Riddle had a smug smile on his face as if victory is his.

"W-what!?  I'm not some pet!"

"Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you.  I'll take it off anyway when you get thrown out."

"Wow, as wonderful as ever.  Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle.  I want it...  No.  I wouldn't ever want that cast on me."  Azul was in admiration but also giving off a greedy look.  That was the really odd thing about him, wanting to take someone else's magic for his own.

Then the headmaster came forward to me again to lecture about my so-called familiar.  "You must do something about this!  It is your familiar!"  Thats when he finally pulled the last straw on me.  "I keep trying to tell you he's not mine!!"  I finally shouted loud enough to stop him mid sentence.

"Properly discip... eh?  It's not yours?"

"How many times do I have to tell you."

"Y-you did?"  He straightened himself out after finally understanding the circumstances.

*Ahem* "Anyway, let's get it out of the school at any rate.  We won't turn you into a stew.  For I am gracious."  There he goes with that line again.  I somehow get a feeling he's not that gracious at times.

"Someone help, please."  As Crowley says this, a student comes behind Grim picking him up by the scruff and carries him away.

"Gyaa! Let me go!  I'm going to, going to...  Become the greatest magician!"  Before he could shout anymore, the door slams shut.

"I kinda feel bad for him." I say this to myself.  I mean I don't understand why he wants to be in this school so badly.  But I felt this because unlike me, who can't use magic, is able to but is still rejected.  Somehow my chest felt tight thinking this.  But I probably won't see him again so I'll put it past me.

"We had a bit of trouble along the way but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close.  Dormitory leaders, please show the new students back to the dormitories."  And just like that, as he announces the end of the ceremony, its as if the ruckus the creature brought on didn't happen.

"...Hm? Now that I think about it, I don't see the leader for Diasomnia, Mr. Draconia around at all..."

"Thats no different from usual, is it?" Says the lion-eared man.

"What?  Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?"  Says the ruby-eyed man.  Guess someone tended to his fire problem.

"If you're going to complain you should have done it yourself."  The blonde man says as if giving a solution easily.

"Hmmm.  But I don't really know anything about that guy." But apparently it's not for some, I wonder why though.

As if the students could recognize the subject at hand, whispers started to stir in the crowd.