Episode 4-35: New Reign Cut Short!

Meanwhile at Scarabia...

"Bring on the food!  Bring on the drinks!  Today we celebrate the deposal of the old, useless king, and the crowning of a far more deserving successor!  Ahhh, I'm on top of the world.  I've got all the magic I could ever want at my fingertips.", Jamil.

"I couldn't agree more, Master.", Scarabia Student A.  "You are the most fit to be king of Scarabia, Jamil.", Scarabia Student B.  "Long live Master Jamil!", Scarabia Students.

"Ha ha ha!  Thaaat's it.  Go on, keep singing my praises.", Jamil.

"I never realized what a gallant figure you cut...", Azul.

"Oho?", Jamil.

"You oughta LIVE on a throne...", Grim.

"And?", Jamil.

"Your intelligence is beyond compare...", Jade.

"Go on.", Jamil.

"There's royalty, and then there's YOU...", Floyd.  "You look so strong and powerful!", Kalim.  "He's so dreamy...  I'm spellbound...", Kalin.

When we arrived, Floyd carried me on his back as I still couldn't stand on my legs.  Arriving back to Scarabia though, I had more strength to speak better than before as Scarabia's lounge was much warmer compared to the edge of this dimension. 

"Heh, you flatter me...  Wait, it's YOU?!  I sent you to the ends of this dimension!  How did you get back so fast?", Jamil.

"I filled a dry river with water and we swam back.", Kalim.  "Not that it was a cakewalk, I'll tell ya.  I'm pretty worn out!", Floyd.

He says that, yet he ignores me when I say he could let me down.

"What?!  Tch...  Now I see.  You used Kalim's unigue magic spell.  Hmph.  So your little trick had a use after all.  And here I'd written it off as a worthless spell only good for watering plants or filling a pool.", Jamil.

"Heh.  You clearly don't appreciate Kalim's power for what it is, then.", Azul.  "Jamil...  Now I see what you've thought of me all this time.  There can be no question now.  You're a coward and a traitor!", Kalim.

"Fool.  That's what you get for trusting me blindly.", Jamil.

"Face me in combat.  I'll win back the housewarden seat you've stolen from me.", Kalim.

"You accuse ME of stealing?  Hmph!  How dare you.  YOU'RE the one who stole everything from ME!", Jamil.

The atmosphere grew more tense as did his power.  Even as I was getting my strength back, the atmosphere from his power alone was starting to feel heavy again.

"Now you shall witness my true power!  AAAAAH HA HA HA!", Jamil.

The whole class of Scarabia students cleared the way for the battle about to commence.

"Here we go again, everybody get ready!  Floyd, that means you too.", Azul.  "Yes.", Floyd.

Floyd set me down on the floor, and even though I was much better, I decided to rest easy on the floor.  But I was able to sit myself up to see what was before me.

"Grim, you stand by Kalin.", Azul.

"Myah?!  I don't want to be stuck in the re--"", Grim.

Before he could finish his sentence, he took another look at the creature behind Jamil and was scared stiff by it's growl.

"...You know, maybe that would be wise.  Don't worry Kalin, you can count on the Great Grim to protect ya!", Grim.  "...Grim, you can do it.  Your magic has improved, so I think they will need you more than me.", Kalin.   "But...", Grim.  ""It's alright, I can still do my part. I haven't backed out in the previous ones, and I'm not gonna start now.  And c'mon, the Great Grim can stand against three overblots.  What's a fourth?", Kalin.