Episode 2-25: Fangs Bared!

The whole field started to turn for the worse, everything was drying up when Leona released his magic and it started to spread.  Even to the other people near him.

"Aaagh...", Ruggie.  "Gwaaah!", it was the same for the other students.  One by one it was affecting all of us.

"What?!  My nose is dryin' out...  M-my eyes hurt!", Grim.  "Everything the housewarden touched is turning to sand?!", Jack.  Even this was distracting me from the pain that happened in my chest.  But it was rapidly starting to be unbearable, not even my gloves could protect me from feeling my hands go dry.

"That'd be my unique magic.  "The King's Roar."  Ironic, ain't it?  Nothin' the savanna hates more than a drought.  Yet it's prince's magic desiccates everything-- reduces it to sand.", Leona.

That when it hit, about what Mr. Sam said about the gloves.  "These gloves will protect you from the harm and effects of magic but not from unigue magic."

Even Taika and Seth were feeling some of the effects from a distance to the stadium stands.  

"Taika... I might have to--", Seth.  "No, don't.", Taika.  "But why?  If this continues--", Seth.  "I said no.  What makes you think you can do anything against Leona now?  Can't you tell his magic is growing faster than he speaks right now.  Not to mention, even if you got close enough to him, who knows if it'll work then too?", Taika.  "So what do we do then, huh?", Seth.  

Taika couldn't come up with an answer.  But he lowered his eyes to his sole hand and was contemplating in his mind.

"B-boss...  It huuurts...!", Ruggie.

"Ruggie's arm!  The skin is cracking!", Deuce.  "Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!", Ace.

"Leona, I cannot allow this to continue!  Off With Your Head!", Riddle casts his magic at Leona.

"Myah?!  Riddle's collar bounced right off!", Grim.

"Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders.  I aced my Protective Magic classes in my sleep.", Leona.

"Tch!", Riddle.

"Hah!  How do you like that, Ruggie?  Does it hurt?  Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots?  That was your finest talent, too.", Leona.

"Ngh...  G-gaah...", Ruggie now struggles to breath.

"Oh no...", Kalin.  "If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna...!", Jack.  "This ends right here!", Kalin.  Despite what I'm feeling for Leona and what could happen to him, this has to stop.  Everyone was ready at my lead against Leona.

Riddle and Grim took the start again with their fire combo.  Ace and Deuce went for their combo after words with fire and water magic.  But Leona fooled Deuce for using fire by countering with wind instead.  Luckily, Ace stepped in with his fire magic to his wind.  Deuce went back in followed by Jack with his cosmic magic and Jack's water magic.  As Leona was distracted by them, Riddle took the chance to step in and finish the ordeal.

But I fear this fight will not be enough to push Leona back.  The pain in my chest still lingers as Leona's magic grew more intense.  Meanwhile Ruggie is still struggling on the ground trying to catch a breath of air.

"Ruggie...", Kalin.