Episode 5-8: Fire Igniting!

"See you later, guys.", Epel.

As I watched him, he was on the verge of tearing up as he followed Vil.

"Mraaah...  After all that, he still got yoinked away.", Grim.  "What a downer.  Is there some kinda rule in this school that you can't be housewarden unless you're a tremendous jerk?", Ace.  "We were unwise to pick that fight.  If Housewarden Rosehearts hears about this, it might be off with our heads.", Deuce.  "That is true, but still...", Kalin.

In that thought, even though I didn't join them to fight personally, I still clenched my fist with the frustration of not doing more.

~Flashback~

"......  But if I'm being honest, I could do without the whole competition.", Epel.

~Flashback End~

"The Vocal & Dance Championship, huh?", Deuce.

"Hmmm.  Most intriguing...", ???

"Hm?", Kalin.

I thought I heard something behind me, but when I turned around to see.  There was nothing there.  I tried to scan the area to find it again, but....

"C'mon, Kalin.  Quite standing there or were gonna be late.", Deuce.

"Okay, I'll be right there.  I really thought I heard something though...", Kalin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Alchemy Lab~

The lab assignment today was about examining different magic properties in different vials of water and how it affects magic plants.  But just my luck, I had to deal with the worst combo we were talking about earlier today...  Grim and breakable equipment.

"Grim, as I said before, please be careful handling the vials today.", Kalin.  "Stop being a worrywart Kalin.  The Great Grim will ace this assignment, no problem.  All ya gotta do is---", Grim.

He proceeds to pour one of the water vials that had a purple color essence, which Professor Crewel warned us not to be careless of using a lot with this particular one, unto one of the three plants provided.  As Ace and Deuce were getting the ingredient measurements ready, they notice what Grim was about to do.

"Ah, wait, Grim!  Not that--!", Ace.

*BAAM*

The water Grim poured caused the plant to explode, leaving all that's left a shriveled shrub with blackened soil.

"Yep, saw that coming...", Kalin.  "*Cough* Housewarden Riddle *cough* isn't gonna be happy when he hears about this.", Deuce.  "...Yeah.  *Cough* No kidding.", Ace.

The rest of the class had either stares or hidden laughs at us.  But it wasn't as bad as the next 30 minutes of Professor Crewel lecturing us about lab protocol again.  The punishment was to clean up the mess we made and clean the rest of the lab for the next class.  And if that weren't enough, since Grim additionally broke the vial he used, we also had extra homework.

*(!) Looks like I got more homework to worry about when I get home, and another broken piece of glass to pay off...  But at least I'm close to paying it off. (!)*

As I was lost in my thoughts, I forgot for a second that I was picking up the broken glass pieces off the floor.

"...Ow!", Kalin.

I felt an instant sharp pain on my fingertip.  I was trying to be careful picking up the bigger pieces, but even with my gloves on, it was still sharp enough to cut through.  Even if it was on the fingertip, the cut was a little deep, and drops were beginning to fall.  Though when I was about to clean it up... I saw movement.