Episode 4-13: Sands Getting Hotter!

~Kalin's Dream~

Kalin's eyes begins to wake up as her eyelids blink.  Who she sees next, she doesn't expect.

"Hey, Kalin.", ???

He had a big smile on as he greets her.  But that's not what stumps her, she's confused as to why she's looking up at him, and he's looking down at her.  Kalin tries to examine of where she is, and all she sees are lounge pillows, colorful massive rugs, and a few plates with snacks surrounding them.  She also notices the vast space of the ceiling, but get's interrupted when this person takes her view.

"Had a nice nap?", ???

She was taken in by his garnet-red eyes as he looks at her.  The left over of his turban headband fell over his shoulder and landed slightly on her face, making it tickle.  He soon lifted it and threw it behind his shoulder where it previously was.

"K-Kalim...  I was napping?", Kalin.

As she takes a closer look of where she was lying down, she notices she was lying on something soft, and it slightly moved.  It finally hit her of where she was.  She was using Kalim as a lap pillow and they were in the Scarabia lounge.  And with that, she sits up abruptly with a embarrassed expression and trying to hide it with her side bangs.  He laughs to her reactions as she sits up, thinking it was cute.  But Kalim laid her back down on his lap as previously.

"It's alright, I don't mind.", Kalim.

Seeing as she couldn't fight him on this with seeing his gentle smile, she just laid there with flustered cheeks.  She then tried to change the subject so he wouldn't pay attention to her expression of embarrassment.

"How long was I out, and where is Grim?", Kalin.  "For an hour, and Grim's out flying on the magic carpet.", Kalim.  "Wait, what?  I need to check on--", Kalin.

She tries to get up again, panicking to what sorts of troubles he could cause.  Kalim did as before but this time covers her eyes with his one hand and leads her back down on his lap gently.

"Aha ha!  It's no worries.  There in the courtyard, and there not that high up.  Jamil and the other students are with them.  Meanwhile, it's just us.", Kalim.

With that said, she felt flustered to the idea that it was just her and him.  She adverted her eyes away from looking up.  But a sudden stroke of touch brought her attention back to him.  Kalim was head patting her head in soft strokes repeatedly.  As she felt this, she could feel her eyes grow drowsy with every stroke he does.  It was starting to be a challenge trying to stay awake.

"Hey, do you mind if we stay like this for a little longer?", Kalim.

Before she could answer him, her eyelids became heavy.  As she drifts into sleep, the last thing she sees is eyes narrowed as he looks at her with a genuine smile compared to his usual grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Kalin, wake up.", ???

Kalin was deep asleep, but she felt her body shake a little with a voice calling out to her.  After a little pause, she felt that shaking again.  Her eyelids start to open, and she starts to see someone kneeled down in front of her, but can only see their legs with one hand holding them up.  Pretty soon, a face belonging  to the owner presents itself before her eyes.

"Kalin, wake up.  The food's done.", ???

She could still feel his hand on her shoulder giving a little shake.  Her vision was a bit blurry due to her heavy eyelids, so it took a little bit to process of who was in front of her.  She could see long locks of black hair flowing down from his shoulders.  As Kalin looks up to his face, she could see charcoal eyes staring back at her sleepy eyes.  She focuses her eyes to his face and it soon becomes less blurry and she sees who it is.