Episode 1-11: Secret in the Oysters!

"There!  Finally got 'em all pureed!", Ace.  "My arm is killing me...", Deuce.  "Nice work.  It'll be all the sweeter for your pain!", Trey.  "The smell alone already has me droolin'...", Grim.  "I just need to add butter and sugar to the chestnut paste, and a sensible splash of oyster sauce-- that's my secret ingredient!", Trey.  "Oyster sauce!?", Ace and Deuce say at the same. "Yep.  The umami of the oysters gives the cream a deep, savory flavor.  I use this one here: Walrus-brand Young Oyster Sauce.  All the best bakers use it in their tarts.", Trey.  "Really?  But isn't oyster sauce like, super salty?", Deuce.  "Some folks put chocolate into curry, don't they?  Maybe it's the same idea.", Ace.  

"Pfft...  Ah ha ha ha!  I'm totally lying!  No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce into a pastry.", Trey.  "What!?  So you were just yankin' our chain?", Ace.  I couldn't help but laugh to that reaction, then Ace gave me a look.  "Ah ha ha!  I mean, if you'd used your brain, you'd have realized how ridiculous it was!  Let that be a lesson to you.  Don't believe everything you hear.", Trey.  "Feh.  And here I thought that human was actually somewhat decent.", Grim mumbled to himself.  "Next, I'll put in the cream...  Oh!", Trey.  "What's wrong?", Ace.  "You guys gathered so many chestnuts that we may have overdone it with the chestnut paste.  I don't think we have enough cream to mix in.", Trey.  

"Then I'll go buy some.  Do they sell it at the school store?", Deuce. "They sell pretty much everything, so... probably.  Can I have you pick me up a few other things?  I need two cartons of milk, two packs of eggs, some muffin cups, five cans of fruit...", Trey.  "I don't think I'll be able to carry all that back.  Kalin, could you come with me?", Deuce.  "Sure.", I reply.  "Then I'm comin' too!  I'm getting dizzy from all this stirrin'.  I need a break!", Grim.

Soon we made our way to the school store, also known as, Mister S's Mystery Shop.

"Hello, can I get some he--  Whoa.  This shop is wild.  They have crystal skulls, grimoires, taxidermied...  Uh, I don't even know what animal that is!", Deuce.  "You think they really sell cream here?", Grim.

"Greetings, my stray imps.  How fare you today?  Welcome to Mr. Sam's Mystery Shop.  What among my humble selection interests you?  A charm from a secluded land?  The mummified remains of an ancient king?  A cursed tarot card?", the shopkeeper appeared.  "Myah!  I wasn't expectin' this kinda selection.", Grim got spooked.  "Heehee.", I giggled by his reaction.

*(!)  I don't know why, but since coming here I've found this place fascinating with all the trinkets and charms around. (!)*