Episode 3-35: Erasing the Past!

"Ngh...", Azul.

"Oh, hey, you're awake.", Floyd.  "Azul, how many fingers am I holding up?", Jade.

"Er...  Eight?", Azul.

The twins were beside Azul as he was waking up. Azul slowly started to sit up from lying on the ground.

"Still in shock, it seems.  But your blot-induced rampage has subsided at last.", Jade.

"That little tantrum you threw really put us through the wringer, y'know.", Leona.  "Uh, Leona, I'm not sure you get to say that.", Ruggie.  "Yeah, and you weren't all that easy either.", Taika.  Leona just sends him a side glance glare.

"What did I... do?", Azul.

"You overused your magic and overblotted.  You don't remember it?", Jade.  "You were sucking everybody's magic dry left and right, bawlin', "Give me your poweeerrr!  It was the cringiest thing I've ever seen.  I'm still not over it.", Floyd.

"Oh, no...  Me, going berserk?  I don't believe this...", Azul.

"Hey, I can't exactly blame a guy for gettin' bent outta shape when something you've been building up for years gets ruined.  I mean, if someone broke the coin bank I've been saving my money in, I'd hold a grudge for life.", Ruggie.

"But all those shady business dealings have gotta stop.  You oughta learn from this.", Grim.

"How about you guys learn not to coast through exams using someone else's notes?!", Jack.

"I'll definitely agree to that.  But no one else could have made those notes.  It's impressive.", Kalin.  I kneeled down in front of Azul to say this to him.

"...What?", Azul.

"Y'know, it's true.  One all-nighter reading that study guide you wrote was enough to bag me over a 90 on my exams.", Ace.  "Yeah.  It was seriously on point.", Deuce.

"I heard from the headmage that you wrote that guide yourself, analyzing a whole century's worth of test question trends.  I'm still not okay with your shady practices, but your work took serious guts.  That much I'll admit.", Jack

"Hmph.  Your clumsy attempts at consolation aren't helping me in the least.", Azul.  He averts his eyes away from everyone's gazes and tries to hide his eyes with his right hand.

"Awww, what's the matter?  Are you gettin' teary-eyed, Azul?", Floyd.  "Dear me.  You've gone back to that ink-spewing crybaby again.", Jade.

"Hey!  You two signed an NDA covering that exact topic!", Azul.

"Right you are.  My mistake.", Jade.

"Hmph.  ...Hm?  ...Kalin?", Azul looks at me strangely.

"Huh?", Kalin.  Seeing as he's staring, I put my hand to feel my face.  Brushing my cheek, I instantly knew what was happening.  Tears were forming and starting to fall down the line of my face.

"Oh, Kalin is crying tears again.", Grim hops on to my shoulder and sees at a closer look.

"Ooh!  Little Shrimpy is cryin', like baby Azul?  I wanna see!", Floyd.

He then gets a closer look from the opposite side of Grim.

"Oh my, looks like you have something in common, eh, Azul?", Jade's smile gleamed a little.  "...Eh?!  S-Shut up, Jade.", Azul looked away with a hint of blush under his eye.

Then everyone wanted a look to my crying spree, even the boys from Savanaclaw.  But Azul went back to seeing me stream out tears.

"Y'know, Kalin, this is the third time this has happened.", Ace.  "Yeah, it's becoming a pattern.", Deuce.  "So, that time when you were crying after what happened with Leona, that wasn't the only time?", Jack.