Episode 1-20: Rookie Frustration!

"Ah...  I believe I understand the situation.  You are resistant to the idea of apologizing, but unable to devise any other method to get the housewarden to remove the collar.", Crowley recollects what's happened so far.

"Yeah, pretty much.", Ace.

"I see.  If you and the housewarden are truly unable to reconcile, you could always transfer.  However, this is the dorm that the Dark Mirror chose for you based on the essence of your being.  Any attempt to relocate would necessitate quite a burdensome process, as well as a new ritual.", Crowley.

"A transfer, huh...?  That'd make me feel like I was running away with my tail between my legs.", Ace.

"Hmm.  Then it sounds like you should challenge Mr. Rosehearts for leadership of the dorm.", Crowley.

"WHAAAAAT?!", all of us was bewildered by what Crowley casually said, even surprised Trey.

"Lower your voices!  This is a library!", Crowley whispers to us.

"But what you said was... insane!", Ace whispered back.

"There is nothing remotely "insane" about it.  After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts got the position.", Crowley.

"What exactly is the process by which housewardens are selected at Night Raven College?", Deuce.  "Trey said that Riddle became housewarden within his first week as a student here.", Grim.

"There are several ways.  You could be appointed by the previous housewarden, for example, or duel the current warden and win.  A duel is certainly one of the simpler methods.", Crowley.

"But isn't fighting with magic against the rules?", Ace questioned.

"In general, yes.  A duel initiated through a formal procedure and conducted in the presence of the headmage is another matter entirely.", Crowley.

"I'm pretty sure the duel rules don't allow for preemptively handicapping your opponent...  So this could be a way to force Riddle to remove your collar without apologizing.  That said...", Trey.

"The right to challenge a housewarden is bestowed upon all students when enrolling at Night Raven.  So what do you say, Mr. Trappola?  Will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?", Crowley.

"Sure, I'll give it  a shot!", Ace.  "Then I will too.", Deuce joins.  "Me three!", Grim.

"I'm afraid not, Mr. Grim.  You cannot challenge a housewarden of a dorm to which you do not belong.", Crowley informs.

"Myah?!  Then how'm I supposed to get this buzzkill collar off?!", Grim.

"If I become housewarden, I'll just order Riddle to remove it!  Easy-peasy!", Ace.  "How will everyone know how tough I am if you do that?", Grim.

"Are you sure about this?  I certainly didn't expect you to throw your hat in the ring, Deuce.", Trey.

"You didn't?  I think every man's gotta make a grab for glory at least once in his lifetime.  And if we're teaming up to take him down, ya better believe I'm running the show!", Deuce gave a grin as he explains his reasoning.  "Oh man, here we go again.", Ace seemed to agree with Deuce given he also had a grin to his face.

"Huh?  What'd you say?", Deuce snapped out of it.

"Then I'll get started on the paperwork.", Crowley.

"We need to come up with some sort of plan.", looks like we'll have to brainstorm at my place again, given their terms with the dorm.

"For sure.  Anyone got any good ideas?", Ace.  "Hmm.  Hard to imagine we can beat Riddle with straightforward magic.  A solid left hook, on the other hand...", Deuce's grin returns.  "Yeah, that guy looks like a pushover!", same with Grim.

"Ah, did I forget to mention that detail?  These duels are to be fought solely with magic.", Crowley.  

*(!) Sometimes I wonder if he tells the crucial details till the last minute on purpose. (!)*

"What?!", Deuce's grin is gone just like that.

"Ha ha ha!  Nothing beats a good, civilized duel!  Now, the paperwork should be prepared and filed on the morrow, and the duel scheduled accordingly.", Crowley looks too happy about that.  

*(!) This the same man who forbids fighting between students period?! (!)*

"Aight, let's do this!  I may not be the world's greatest mage, but... I'll figure something out!", Ace is pumped.  "That's the spirit!", it affected Deuce as well.  "My head's on the line here, so don't mess this up!", Grim.

"You guys...", Trey.

"When I'm housewarden, I'm gonna make Riddle fess up to bein' wrong.  I'll make him apologize, too!  And no one in the dorm is gonna have to live by any crazy rules ever again!", Ace declares his determination.