Episode 5-19: Pomefiore Altercation!

After school...

Pomefiore Dorm

"I guess there's going to be more dancing and singing training for the selected ensemble members.", Deuce.  "Well, yeah.", Ace.

"Grrr....  I'm still sour that I lost to you two.", Grim.

"Hey, guys!", Kalim.

We heard someone from behind us.

"Oh, hey.  It's Kalim and Jamil.  What are you guys doin' here?", Grim.

"We passed the audition screening.  Did you pass as well?", Jamil.

"We sure did!", Ace.

"So you performed well at audition!  That's great!", Kalim.

"They totally left ME out, though!  This really yanks my tail...", Grim.  "...Sorry, Grim.", Kalin.

"I think even Vil would be hard-pressed to fit YOU on the team.", Jamil.  "Cheer up, Grim.  Want a cracker?", Kalim.

"Ugh, not this again!  Somebody tell this guy that crackers aren't the answer to everything.", Grim.

"So I take it, if you and Grim didn't pass, then what are you guys doing here?", Jamil.

"Well, to be honest, I have no clue why we've been called.  It just said to come with the ensemble members as they have news for us.", Kalin.

"...I see.", Jamil.

"You there-- the group of five with a cat.  Halt!", Pomefiore Student A.

Two of the Pomefiore students approached us before we could go to the door.

"Are you talking to us?", Deuce.

"I see some of you passed the VDC ensemble audition.", Pomefiore Student B.

"Yup!  Vil asked to see us.  Would you mind taking us to him?", Kalim.

"Heh...  Not so fast.  Nobody simply waltzes into our dorm!", Pomefiore Student A.

"Huh?", All.

We were all surprised and confused to what was said just now.

"The gates of Pomefiore are open only to those who exhibit both beauty and strength!", Pomefiore Student B.

*SLAM*

"The gauntlet is thrown.  Pick it up!", Pomefiore Student B.

"Wait, I'm confused.  Why did he just throw a literal glove at us?", Kalim.  "Stay sharp, Kalim!  Incoming!", Jamil.

The battle begun before we could even process what really was going on.  With that in mind, as Jamil said, Jamil and Kalim were the first to go.  They lined up for a double duo magic attack.

First was Jamil with his fire magic with the assistance of Kalim's cosmic magic.  His fire spells proved effective towards Pomefiore Student's A wind magic, but nonetheless, he made his counter spell.  Next was Kalim, as he made a duo with Jamil, except it was with Kalim's cosmic magic boosted by Jamil's fire magic.  As Pomefiore Student B struggled with his magic, he made a counter with his water magic, but it didn't seem to affect Kalim all that much.  Even Jamil didn't block for that one.

Just those two themselves weighed down the Pomefiore students down a peg.

"Wow, guess I shouldn't be surprised since there second years.", Kalin.  "Hah.  I'm not gonna let them take all the glory.  It's my turn, now!", Grim.  "Wait, Grim--", Kalin.

He jumped in all by himself by Kalim's and Jamil's feet.

"Grim, go for it!", Kalim.  "That's what I'm doing!", Grim.

He pounced into the air before Pomefiore Student A casted his wind magic.

"Ah...!", Pomefiore Student A.

Take this.  Myraaahh!!", Grim.

He casted a powerful cosmic magic one shot on not just one but both of the Pomefiore students.

"Hah!  How'd you like that for strength?", Grim.

"Rgh....  You're not half-bad.", Pomefiore Student A.  "Just remember: this is only the beginning.  The road to true beauty is long and fraught with peril...  Rgh...", Pomefiore Student B.

"Why in the world would they attack us unprovoked?", Jamil.

"Let's just get to the ballroom for now.", Deuce.

All agreeing, we headed straight for the door before they could get back up.