Prologue 14: Unintentional Trouble!

~Dwarf's Mine~

We've arrived at Dwarf's Mine, and there was so much green almost like a swamp.  "So this is Dwarf's Mine...  It used to be prosperous thanks to magic crystal mining but...", Deuce.  "Uuuuuh...  Feels like something could jump out...", Grim was a tad shaky and I agreed with him a little.  "Oh, there's a house back there.  Let's go ask them about the mine.", Ace pointed to a house a little downways in our view.  We headed there and soon approached the door.  Deuce knocks on the door.  "Good evening...  I guess it's abandoned.  It's a mess in here.", Deuce was right, there was so much dust and cobwebs one couldn't believe.  Even though it was abandoned we tried looking around quietly incase of something around here.  "Puwah!  I got a spider web in the face...  Peh peh!", Grim getting the webs out of his face.  "Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side?  Are they for kids?  One, two...  There's seven!  So many!", Ace.  "This was probably a lively home when Dwarf's Mine flourished.", Deuce.  "They did what they had to.  After all, magic crystals are found inside coal.  For now let's just go check it out.", Deuce says as he heads out of the house.  We headed out and a little downways from the house was the entrance to the mine.  "W-we're gonna go in that pitch blackness hole!?", Grim climbs to my shoulder shivered.  "Scared?  Lame.", Ace taunts Grim with a grin on his face.  "Naahh?  Im not s-scared at all!", Grim jumps down and stands on his two feet with his head held high.  "I'm taking the lead!  You guys follow me!", Grim was taking the first steps down the entrance.

~Inside the mines~

As we're walking through, noises of water dripping here and there echoed through the whole mine.  There were stones along the walls, but I don't think there any of the ones were looking for.  Grim was still in the lead, but I could see the deeper we went in I could see his tail give a shiver.  "!?  Wait!", Deuce called out and stopped.  "What?", Ace turned to Deuce.  "Something...  is there!", Deuce pointed down ahead.  Soon we saw shadows of floating silhouettes, that can only mean one thing.  "Eeeek!?", Grim screamed.  "Heeee Hee Hee!  Our first visitor in ten years!", they appeared to be ghosts.  "Make yourselves at home, for eternity!", the second ghost said.  "Oh great, just what we need more ghosts.", I say as we all prepare to run.

"Fugyaa!!  It's so big!!", Grim ran to hide behind my leg.  "Idiot, calm down.", Ace.  "I don't have time to be a ghost!  I'll run and blind the ghosts!  Follow me!", Deuce.  We made a run for it, I was in front, Ace and Deuce were behind me and Grim was last.  The ghosts were coming after us, but Deuce aimed his magic at them every now and then.  But everytime the ghosts got hit, they kept coming back.  I tried keeping up the pace so I don't fall behind.

"Ha...  ha...  I'm still outrunning you!", Grim stopped to taunt them.  ""Ha... ha...!  Slowly... and... I'm going...!", one of the ghosts was trying to catch their breath.  "Why are you short of breath even though your a ghost!!", Grim didn't expect that.  "Do spirits have lungs
!?", Deuce was surprised by the new information.  "I don't do it after that!?  Let's go!", Ace starting to run ahead and grapped my arm tagging along.  "Che!", Deuce muttered then followed.  All of us kept running and the same routine ran again, and Ace pushed me up front again as well.  Pretty soon when it looked like they were gone we came to a stop.  "Hahaha...  It looks like you're not chasing me anymore!", Grim.  "Alright, let's move on.  We don't have much time.", Deuce.  A noise echoed through the walls.  "Fugya!?  No, I'm hearing some noise right now!?", Grim freaked a little.  "I should have removed the ghost earlier...?", Deuce looked back to make sure.  "Shit!  There's something over there...!", Ace pointed in the direction in front of us.  The ghosts came out again.  This is gonna be a long night if we have to deal with them further.