Episode 4-22: Unwanted Additions!

"I still can't believe the Ramshackle pair fled to Octavinelle.", Scarabia Student A.  "And they stole the magic carpet.  If the housewarden were to find out about this...  Rgh, what do we do?", Scarabia Student B.  "I think we'd better take this to Vice Housewarden Jamil to start with.", Scarabia Student A.

"Hello, gentlemen.  Mind if we pop by?", Azul.  "Good GRAVY, it's hot in here.  Feels like the middle of summer.", Floyd.

"?!?!", Scarabia Students. 

"You're the Octavinelle guys who gave us a thrashing last night!", Scarabia Student A.  "What do you want with Scarabia?", Scarabia Student B.

"Permit me to apologize for what transpired last night evening.  It looked as though you were bullying defenseless animals.  I stood up for them on the spot, out of the goodness of my heart.  But after I heard their story...  It became clear to me that the two Ramshackle residents were thieves who had made off with Scarabia's magic carpet.  Once I realized my mistake, I took personal responsibility for the matter.  I apprehended the criminals...  And I came here to return the magic carpet to it's rightful owner.", Azul.

"Rgh...  It ain't fair, I tell ya...", Grim.

Even while being wrapped up and held in Jade's arms, the magic carpet still made it's expressive movements.

"W-well, uh...", Scarabia Student A.  "Thank you for the... help?", Scarabia Student B.

"Guys.  It's about time for morning training.  If you're late, Kalim will-- Gh?!", Jamil.

"Why, Jamil!  Hello there.  How are you?", Azul.

"Azul Ashengrotto... and the Leech brothers as well?  What are you doing here?", Jamil.

"Our home isn't the most hospitable place in the wintertime.", Jade.  "So we spend our holidays in the dorm!  Aha ha!", Floyd.

"Wh...  What?", Jamil.

"By the way, where might Kalim be?  I'm here to return his magic carpet to him.", Azul.

"Er, ah...  If you need to deliver something, I'll take it to him.", Jamil.

"Oh, but I insist!  This magic carpet is a legendary artifact on par with national treasures.  If it were discovered to be damaged later, Octavinelle would be held liable.  We can't have that, now, can we?  I would prefer to hand it to Kalim in person and have him assess its condition firsthand.", Azul.

"Kalim wouldn't care even if it was damaged.  Let me take it off your hands, okay?", Jamil.

"Worry not-- I won't even ask for my standard twenty percent finder's fee.", Azul.  "Consider that our way of apologizing for our uncouth behavior towards Scarabia last night.", Jade.  "We also brought a seafood pizza as a little present.  You wouldn't want it to get cold, wouldja?", Floyd.  "The point is, I would MUCH prefer to deliver it in person.  He's awake by now, I trust?", Azul.

"No, really, he's not feeling up for any-- hey!  You can't just barge in, Azul!", Jamil.

As Jamil was talking, Azul just walked right past him towards the Scarabia Lounge.  And as he did, Jamil went after him followed by the other Scarabia Students.

"Shall we, Kalin?", Jade.  "You'd better keep up.", Floyd.

"Sure thing.", Kalin.

*(!) At least I'm not on the receiving end of it this time. (!)*

"Yeesh, these Octavinelle guys are so pushy when they wanna be...", Grim.

"Yeah, but maybe they can help us here.", Kalin.

It was then Grim took it upon himself to climb my shoulder and have a little chat before we moved along.

"Geez, why are you ok with coming back here when we had the chance to escape last night?  What is it about this dorm that has you so determined?", Grim.

"Hmm...", Kalin.

*(!) Those visions keep coming back to me in flashes.  But the visions seem to be telling me something different than what's going on here. 

Like seeing Jamil in those visions, more so than Kalim. (!)*

"......", Kalin.

"Hm?", Grim.

"Kalin, do keep up or we'll leave you behind.", Jade.

I could hear from a distance, Jade, calling out to me.  When he did, I gave my answer to Grim.

"...I'm not too sure, Grim.  But I'm still willing to try for them, just like we did for the other dorms.", Kalin.

"*Sigh*  Fine.  But after this, no more helping others when it's not needed.", Grim.

"Sure, trying telling that to Crowley next time.", Kalin.

And with that, we soon caught up with the twins and headed towards the lounge where Azul was headed.