Episode 1-13: Past Improprieties!

"This guy's outta his mind!", Delinquent A.  "B-wah!  L-let's get outta here!", Delinquent B.  "Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!", Deuce.  "W-wow!", I was amazed at how angry he could get.  "Whoooooa...", even Grim was freaked out by Deuce's new demeanor.  "*pant* *pant*...  Urk!", Deuce caught his breath.  "What's wrong?", Grim.  "I did it again, didn't I...?  ARGH!  I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!", Deuce.  "Huh?", Grim.  

"When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild.  I cut school all the time and got in fights.  I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair...  I blasted around tight curves on my Magic Wheel...  I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet...  I was a total punk.", Deuce.  "So you were only a little more annoying than you are now?", Grim.  "That's hard for me to picture.", Kalin.  "But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma.  She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears.  She was saying how she must been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself.  That had nothin' to do with it!  She hadn't done anything wrong.  It was all me.  When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me.  I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry.  This time, I'd become an honor student-- someone she could be proud of.  And I already messed it all up!", Deuce.  

"I mean, did ya, though?  Is putting up with jerks what honor students do?", Grim.  "Huh...?", Deuce.  "Even I, Grim the Magnanimous, was ready to pound those losers into tuna paste!  You just got to 'em first.", Grim.  "Yeah, Grim's right!", Kalin.  "You guys...", Deuce.  "Just because you want to be an honor's student, doesn't mean you have to change everything about yourself and hide how you feel about things.", Kalin.  "Heh heh...  I guess you're right!  I just hope those chicks can rest in peace.", Deuce gave a little smile.  "Uhh...  I hate to say this, but those eggs weren't the type that hatch.", Kalin.  "Wha--  WHAAAAAT!?  Are you kidding me!?", Deuce was more shocked than I thought he would be.

*(!) Oh, you poor thing... (!)*

On the way, I tried explaining the best way to break it down to him of how it works without bringing him down more.  In the end, I think he got the gist of it, but he was still in shock by the time we made it back to the kitchen.

""Ah, you're finally back!  Took ya long enough.", Ace.  "Let's get this tart-y started!", Trey.  The process this time was putting the cream on top of the tart.  Grim and Ace as usual were pumped to get the job done.  Deuce well...  He was still in his own world trying to process the news.  But he still did a decent job.  I'll say this was easier than peeling the chestnuts earlier.  When we were done, Grim did the final touch swiftly with hardly any mess ups by putting the chestnuts on top, and the tart was finally done.