Episode 3-36: Scarfing Down East!

"Anyway.  We held up our end of the deal and brought the photo to you within the deadline you gave us.  We've completely fulfilled your terms.", Jack.

"Yeah.  Real shame about the contracts gettin' sanded before we did.", Grim.

"But stealing just doesn't sit right with me.  Azul, you're a law-abiding sorta guy, right?  Take some responsibility and return the picture back to where it belongs.", Jack.

"I'll go with you.  We can return it together.", Kalin.

Azul's eyes widened to my approach of the idea of going with him, and shifted his eyes away.  Before answering, he lifted his glasses up the bridge of his nose. 

"Fine...  But at least let me switch it out for a version where I've been edited out of the picture.", Azul.

"Hah.  You just don't know when to let something go.", Leona.

"He's right, you know.  Records are a valuable treasure.", Jade.  "Ooh, field trip!  When do we go?  We're goin' as a group, right?  I haven't been to the Atlantica Memorial Museum since our elementary school field trip.  This is gonna rule!", Floyd.

Floyd was so excited for the idea, that he wrapped his arms around me and Azul in like a group huddle.  Azul was bothered by Floyd's motioned excitement, and it caught me off guard for a second, but it didn't bother me much compared to Azul.

"*Sniff, sniff*". Grim.

"Hm?  Yo, Grim.  What are your sniffing at the ground for?", Ace.

When Ace mentioned Grim, I look to where he was.

"My gourmet hunting instincts are tellin' me... ...that there's a pitch-black treat as delectable as a truffle around here!", Grim.

"What are you, a truffle hog?!", Ace.

"Myah!  There it is-- a black stone!  There's no foolin' gourmet bunter Grim's nose!", Grim.

"A... black stone?", Leona.

"Not again...", Kalin.

"Time to chow down!  HOMPH!  Mmm...  It's rich, with a briny punch like salted squid guts...  This would drive any discerning gourmand wild!  Seriously top-tier stuff!", Grim.

"Really?  You're eating off the ground AGAIN?", Deuce.  "Feels like a waste of breath to even tell him to stop at this point.  There's just no accounting for a monster's palate.", Ace.

"Easy for you to say, you don't live with him.  Plus, you don't have to make a separate budget for his meal splurges.", Kalin.

Ace and Deuce were both not surprised but also surprised by the fact there's a budget specifically for Grim.

*(!) Sometimes it's more exhausting to feed him than finding a break to feed myself from running Crowley's errands. (!)*

"......  Hey.  Does that raccoon always pick up black stones off the ground and eat them?", Leona.

"Not constantly, but...", Kalin.

He kept quiet after I answered, but I didn't think he knew something about the black stones.

"Something wrong, Leona?", Jack.  "Nah.  Don't mind me.", Leona.

His eyes shifted and kept his thoughts to himself.  I looked at him to see if he would answer me but he said nothing and just smiled his usual grin confirming he had nothing to say.

*(!) So there is something he knows about those black rocks.  But it seems I won't get answers for now. 

But still.... (!)*