Episode 2-11: The Terrible Two!

We entered the Hall of Mirrors, leading to other dormitories.  The dorm we headed into was the House of Pomefiore.

To look for who we were looking for, we entered into the Pomefiore dorm lounge..

"Let's start here, at Pomefiore.  There's a junior named Rook Hunt who's caught my eye.  He has a blonde bob cut and a fedora-- you can't miss him.", Cater.  "Rook is an exceptional player.  He performed extremely well in last year's tournament.  But he is a bit of an... odd duck, one might say.", Riddle.

"Oh, is that him sitting over there?", Deuce.

Rook was there with the dorm head and another student with light lavender hair.

"Whoa.  That dude, like, a glitter bomb in human form.  He's basically sparkling.", Ace.

"Non, Epel, non.  When you lift your teacup, do not insert your finger through the handle, it is most inelegant.", Rook.  "Oh...  Right.  I'm sorry.", Epel.  "*Sigh* I just cannot decide how I want to do my makeup on tournament day!  I'm thinking maybe that new foundation from Felicity Cosmetics?", Vil.  "Oh ho ho!  Mon belle Vil, the Roi du Poison...  Surely your beaute is not so faint that need makeup to shine?", Rook.  "Of course I don't.  But I don't dare miss an opportunity to accentuate it further!", Vil.  "I admire that passion.  Magnifique!  Tres magnifique!", Rook.

"Uhhhhh...  And you're saying this guy is some kinda incredible athlete?  Somehow, I doubt he's gonna be the target.", Grim.  "Well, looks can be deceiving though...", Kalin.

"Ok, well, let's get check the next.", Cater.

We leave the dorm and head out towards the courtyard in the inner outside of the school building.

"Next on Cay-Cay's big list of potential targets are Jade Leech and his twin brother Floyd.  They're both sophomores at Octavinelle House.  Word is, they work so well together on the field that other teams don't know how to counter them.", Cater.

We see them walking across the courtyard.

"Whoa!  They have, like, the exact same face!", Grim.  "Is it just me, or do they make all the other students look tiny in comparison?  They're giants!", Ace.  "I could see that being a big advantage for 'em.", Grim.  "So what do we think?  Could they be in danger?", Deuce.

"I don't know about that.  If I were the culprit, I'd save them for last.  Just look at those two.  I wouldn't want to get anywhere near them-- especially Floyd.", Riddle.

"Oh ho ho!  What is UP, Lil' Goldfish?", one of them approaches out of nowhere behind Riddle, and it gave Riddle and me a jump scare.

"Bwah!  He spotted us!", Riddle.

"What brings you to our humble abode, huh?  Playing hide-and-seek?  Sounds like fun.", Floyd.

"F-Floyd...  I've asked you several times to stop calling me by strange nicknames.", Riddle.

"But you're so small and red!  How are you NOT a goldfish?", Floyd.

"This guy seems like he's a few cans short of a tuna casserole...", Grim.

"A talking cat?  Now THAT'S something you don't see every day!  Can I squeeze you 'til you pop?", Floyd looks in our direction thanks to Grim.

"Uh, no?!  Stay away from me, weirdo!", Grim jump leaps to behind my shoulders as a shield.  Then Floyd took a quick look at me, and I was nervous about what he was about to say as he got closer to inspect me, keeping his smile.

"My, it would appear a contingent from Heartslabyul House has paid us a little visit.  Here to assess the competition in advance of the Magift tournament, perhaps?", his twin brother, Jade, spoke.  Then Floyd back up a bit but still kept looking.

"Nah.  We... can't really go into it, though.", Cater.

"We take a dim view of spying at Octavinelle.  I would ask you to justify your actions, suspicious as they are.  And please, spare no detail.", Jade spoke with a calming smile.

"This guy sure talks fancy, but man, his eyes are stone cold.", Ace.

"Man, would you look at the time?  Gotta run, guys!  It's been real!  Byeee!", Cater.

We try to walk the other way, but they soon cut us off.  Leaving us no choice.  I had to nudge Grim off my shoulder to get him to join the fight.

Grim and Deuce took the charge first, Deuce using his cosmic magic and Grim using fire.  After them, Riddle and Cater took to the defense with water and fire magic.  I then told Ace and Deuce to do their combo magic.  Grim then jumped in, followed by Ace to finish them off in the end using their whirlwind of fire to distract them.

Giving us just enough time to make our escape to the school building.