Episode 4-40: A Mirror Breakthrough!

After having our holiday feasts with the ghosts, our long day finally ended.

"Myah...  Mmm...  I've got dibs on that turkey...", Grim.

Grim was flat on his stomach, almost nailed to the floor.  Being stuffed with food really makes him not able to reach on top of the bed.  But before it could be back to our normal routine... ...the mirror glowed before I could lay on my pillow.

"The mirror's glowing again?", Kalin.

The light was bright enough that I couldn't ignore it, so I went to it to see what was up again.

*Crunch*

"*Gasp*", Kalin.

"Gyah!  Watch the tail...  *Snoore*", Grim.

"...Sorry, Grim.", Kalin.

I made sure Grim was still asleep and tread my feet carefully.  Facing the mirror, the mirror started to show something.  It was familiar to the last time.

"There's that shadow figure again...", Kalin.

"Is... someone there?  Can you hear me?  Who are you?", ???

This time I hear a male voice, and then I could see the shadow was approaching closer to see if anyone was there.  Not sure if I should answer it, but I didn't know what else to do in that moment.

"Kalin...", Kalin.

"Kalin...  Hmm, I've never heard of such a name, but it does have a beautiful ring to it I'd say.", ???

As he says this, I noticed something on his head... horns.  I saw them before but I could see it's shape more clearly.

*(!) His horns sort of remind me of Tsunotaro.  But they look different from Tsunotaro's.  Still, this is the second person I meet with horns. (!)*

"And who are you?", Kalin.

"My name is Nelek.  Nelek Noire.  This is the third time my room mirror has acted up on its own.  When it does, I would see a person's silhouette that resembles you.  For a moment you there, then you would disappear in the next.  It's strange indeed.  I thought I was off in my own head whenever this happened.  But since your here talking with me, it seems that's not the case.  Kalin, tell me, where are you?", Nelek.

*(!) Nelek, huh?  I'm not sure if this is just a dream that seems real or not, but if he says he's having the same problem with his mirror, then maybe... (!)*

"I'm in...  Twisted Wonderland.", Kalin.

Meanwhile on the other side of the mirror...

As Nelek heard her answer, he grew a satisfied smile.

A.N.

*(!) This is my next oc named Nelek Noire

*(!) This is my next oc named Nelek Noire.  I have hinted him sometimes in few chapters, but now that he was formally introduced in a previous chapter, I thought it would be better to show him after he introduces himself to Kalin.  The other oc that he was talking to in that chapter, he will make his introduction in chapter 5 along with another oc.  As for Nelek, he will pop up here and then from here on out so stay tuned.

This picture of Nelek is my best and only pic I drew of him, but I will make a better pic of him in the near future.  Please don't repost my drawing without permission. (!)*