Episode 4-5: Cooking with Spice!

The next day, the whole school went through a transformation going from normal day weather to a literally winter-wonderland.  Seeing this, Grim and I decided to head out for a stroll after breakfast.

"Ooh, check it out, Kalin!  We got a whole blanket of snow out here!", Grim.

He immediately pounced on top of the nearest snow pile.  I had my causal clothes on since we had we were on break.  Though I really didn't expect it to be this cold, even with my crop top sweater, with gloves, and wearing a backless dark red halter crop top underneath doesn't help with the cold.  I can feel slight chills up my back.  Most of my clothes in the trunk I found were like this, hardly had anything built for winter weather much less for a cool day.

"No wonder it seemed chilly.  But we'd better check on the fireplace.", Kalin.

"Yeah, maybe the fire fairies are feelin' the chill, too.  Better bring 'em some firewood.  Ooh, and I can check out the kitchen an' see if they got any leftovers while I'm there!  La-la-laaa!", Grim.

"We get a big box full of snacks and you want more?  Why am I not surprised.", Kalin.

"You don't get it, that bunch won't be enough to fill the Great Grim's stomach.  The kitchen is bound to have more food.", Grim.

"Oh, I know.  But still, you should really learn when to take a break from eating.", Kalin.

Grim was running ahead of me as we made our way to the school castle.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived, we were relieved to be inside since it got more cold on the way here.

"Geez, it was cold out there!  My paws feel like icicles!  Kalin, hurry up and get that firewood in the fireplace.", Grim.

I went straight to the fireplace area, and saw the wood set aside.  I grabbed a couple and threw it in.

*clunk*

"*crackle* *crackle*". Fire Fairy.

A fire fairy soon flew into view, and spiraled loops and circles around me when the firewood was starting to burn.

"Ahhh...  You guys must be the fire fairies.  I'm feelin' warm and fuzzy just being near you.", Grim.

"*crackle* *crackle*", Fire Fairy.

"They must be thanking us for putting in the firewood.", Kalin.

*sizzle* *chop-chop-chop*

When hearing the chopping noise, I turn my head and it seemed to be coming from the kitchen doorway.

"Hm?  What's that I hear over the crackling fire?  Chopping?  And... sizzling meat?!  And now my nose is tinglin' with the spicy aroma of foreign cuisine!  It's coming from the kitchen.  Let's see what's up, Kalin!", Grim.

Grim sprinted forward faster than I could catch up with him.

"Hey!  Grim, wait up!", Kalin.

We looked through the doorway, and saw a whole bunch of students working around the room.  From mixing ingredients, to cooking meat and vegetables.

"Once you're done cooking the vegetables, boil the thawed meat.  Don't forget to add the nuts once the oil is heated.", Jamil.

Hearing this voice, I look to the source and see a hooded figure, his back facing me.

"Yes, sir!", Scarabia Student A.  "Vice Housewarden, will one tablespoon of spices be enough?", Scarabia Student B.

"The housewarden's palate veers spicy.  Add another tablespoon.", Jamil.