Episode 3-39: Octavinelle Epilogue!

We all arrived back from the Coral Sea, and into the Mirror Chamber.

"Ahhh!  Oxygen, how I've missed you!", Grim.  "Grim, we had underwater potions, it wasn't that bad.", Kalin.

"Visiting the Atlantica Memorial Museum was pretty fun.", Deuce.

"I think I was bored to tears last time I went, but I had a good time visiting it again after all these years.", Floyd.  "Once you get a feel for the world up here, it's funny to see how much of it merfolk misinterpreted in the old days.", Jade.

"That fork-- I mean, "silver hair comb"-- was hilarious.", Ace.  "It was interesting to see how certain magic would work differently underwater.", Kalin.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.  I'm sure you must be tired after spending so long in a strange environment.  It's just about opening time for the Mostro Lounge.  Would you care to drop by for some tea?", Azul.

"You bet I would!  I was just gettin' hungry.", Grim.

~~~~~~~~~~

After arriving, Azul and the twins changed into their dorm outfits with a flick of their pens.  Entering the Mostro Lounge, it was quite sight to see.

"One house special, please and thanks!", Heartslabyul Student.  "I'll have the drink set with the limited snack!", Pomefiore Student.

"Coming right up!", Octavinelle Student.

"Whoa!  Why's it so crowded in here?", Ace.

"Ah, I see the promotion is paying off already.", Jade.

"What promotion?", Jack.

"After everything that went down, the headmage chewed us out and said not to take anybody's powers again, even under contract.  So Azul devised a point card system!", Floyd.

"Yeah?  How's it work?", Ace.

"You get one point for ordering a 6-madol drink special.  And you get three points for ordering something off the 15-madol limited menu.  When you build up fifty points, you earn the privilege of one free consultation with the manager-- namely myself.", Azul.

"When you say "consultation," do you mean, like, for ANYTHING?", Grim.  "Let's say I needed help with my studies.", Deuce.

"That would absolutely fall within my purview.", Azul.  "What's more, when you fill three-point cards, you'll unlock even more perks.", Jade.  "If you want to know more abut these offers, please feel free to peruse this pamphlet or browse our website.", Azul.

Azul handed out pamphlets out to Grim and Deuce.

"Myah!  In that case, gimme a special drink!  And make it extra drink-y!", Grim.  "Same!", Ace.  "I'll have the snack set...", Deuce.

"We appreciate your prompt orders.", Azul.

"You guys...", Jack.

"They clearly didn't learn anything from this.  But since there's no stopping them, might as well.  I'll have your Ocean Blue Waters then.", Kalin.

"Kalin...!", Jack.

"Don't worry, I'm not doing it for points for a consultation to help me study.  I'm just curious about this drink they have on the menu.", Kalin.

Jack seemed convinced, but he's probably still concerned if I had any ulterior motives like the rest of them.  But I assured him I didn't. 

"Very well, then.  Come, Jade.  Floyd.  It's time for us to make some money.", Azul.  "Yes, sir. / You got it, Boss.", Jade and Floyd.

Jade lead our group to one of the front tables.

"Still, I'm impressed at how packed we are.  We have our work cut out for us today.", Jade.  "Woulda been a breeze if the anemones were still workin' for us.", Floyd.  

When Floyd made eye contact with Ace, Deuce, and Grim, they all irked and just glared right back.  Floyd just took it with a grin.

"I'll join you out in the front of house.  That will give me a better sense of how we're providing for our clientele.  Now, let us work diligently to make a prof-- *Ahem*  I mean, please our customers!", Azul.

They weren't kidding about the crowd, the whole dorm was swamped.  I don't think I've ever seen so much foot traffic go around the lounge at a fast pace.  Even Azul was going around and helping out wherever was needed.  Meanwhile, the three of them enjoyed their orders as this was going on.  As Floyd was passing by, he handed my drink out in front of me.

"We certainly are busy!  But that doesn't mean we can skimp on quality.", Azul.  "Of course.  I'm seeing many new faces today.  This is our chance to expand our clientele.  Floyd is keeping an eye out to ensure our customers are treated with care.", Jade.  "Ha ha.  I see your already on top of everything.", Azul grins to this news.

The orders going back and forth continues.  As they do, I now taste the drink I ordered.  It was definitely splendid to taste.  There were cherries on top, and a lemon pressed into the border of the glass.  It gave it a tangy flavor, but still sweet enough to drink more.

*(!) I think I just found my favorite drink to consider a regular.  Lucky for you, Grim, I may want to come back again. (!)*

"Splendid!  We made three times our usual amount!", Azul.  "Heh.  We're well on our way to meeting out goal.", Jade.  "Yes.  If we can continue to earn the necessary funds...  We'll be able to open a branch cafe!", Azul.

"You haven't given up on all that yet?!", Ace.

Azul just laughs it off.

*(!) I guess there's some things that won't change per say.  But then again, maybe that's not so much a bad thing in this case.  Seeing the gleam in his eye made me think so.

Well, at least he's not making contracts at the bargain of people's magic powers to get it. (!)*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Scarabia Dorm...

"First there was the Magift tournament.  Now, even in the final exams, our dorm's position remains stagnant...  This is a grave matter indeed.  Jamil!  Jamil, are you there?", Kalim.

"Present, sir.", Jamil.

"Gather all of Scarabia's students on the double.  If those layabouts think they're in for a relaxing holiday, they are sorely mistaken.", Kalim.

"Understood, sir.  All will be as my housewarden wishes.  Heh heh heh...", Jamil.

A.N.

*(!) And were finally here to the last chapter of chapter 3 and it's done!  But like usual, I will be taking a break to further plan chapter 4.  Not just because to write and think through, but also because I have some side projects and school I need to focus on since it's almost the end of the semester.  So the earliest I can write again would probably be late April, and the latest would mid May.  Same goes for the other stories I have.  But if I have any time, I'll continue to write a little but I won't publish until those said times, I hope you can be patient.  I've been wanting to write chapter four for a long time, because things definitely develop further in this next arc chapter.  It'll definitely be an experience to write, and I hope you'll look forward to it.

Happy Reading! (!)*