Prologue 12: Punishment Escape!

~The Halls~

~Ace POV~

Just getting out of class for the day and I'm tired as heck. But then there's the clean up crew from this morning. I definitely don't want to see them again, especially that irritating raccoon.

"No way I'm washing a hundred windows. Gonna head home...", but as I headed down the hall I heard some yelling. When I turned to see, it was that raccoon and that magic-less person coming after me

*( Oh crap! )*

~Kalin's POV~

I was running as fast as I could but Grim decided to jump off my shoulders to run ahead towards Ace. I didn't know if he was really pissed off at Ace or he didn't think I was going fast enough, but I was pissed off at Ace too just probably not as much as Grim apparently.

"Heeeeeeey yoooooouuuu!!!!", Grim shouted out to Ace.

"Geh!! Found me!", Ace's face was pale as he saw us.

"Jeeerk!! Hold up!! I won't let you be the only one to escape!", Grim yelled.

"I'm not just going to wait around for you! I'm outta here!", Ace quickly turned to run.

"It's not fair for only you to get out of it! I want to skip out too!", Grim.

"Then what about me!?", I said to myself. Now I know why he was pissed, he wanted the opportunity to ditch like he did. Now I'm pissed at both of them and I try to run a little faster.

Up ahead I see another student heading towards the dormitory entrance. It was a male with dark blue hair and sky blue eyes. He turned to notice the ruckus that was going on.

"...Huh?"

"Outta my way! Outta my way!", Ace yelled out as he tried to run around the male.

"Eh...oo-ooh!?", the male moved out of his way confused.

I shouted at the top of my lungs to get his attention.

"Catch him please!", I was close to my limit and hoping he would be able to seize him.

"Magic to capture someone!?", the male turned to me confused but he considered to what I asked.

"I should freeze their legs, no, how about refrain them? Or I could... uummm...", he was staggering on what to do.

"Any way, I don't care how, just hit him hard! Hurry!", Grim yelled out annoyed.

"Any way!? Anyway... Eeeiii!!! Anything is fine, so come on! Something heavy!", he mustered something as he pulled a pen out of his chest pocket. He gave it a wave in the direction of Ace ahead about to access the door. But as he was about to get inside, a big cauldron appeared above him and dropped on him.

"Gueeeh! What the heck!? A pot!?", he was struggling underneath.

"Gyahahaha! Check it out! Ace is flat as a pancake under that cauldron! So lame!", Grim caught up to the blue-haired males feet and mocked Ace.

"I didn't think I'd get a cauldron. Did I overdo it?", he ponders as he looks at Ace struggling underneath the cauldron.

I finally caught up to them almost out of breath and as support I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You won't think that way later.", I told him reassuring him that he was right to do that.

"Man, this hurts... You should be fine. Those 100 windows should be clean in a flash.", Ace groaned.

"Thats not something you do "in a flash"!", I said to Ace in a irritated tone, especially since I have no magic to make that possible.

"Washing 100 windows as punishment... What in the world did you all do?", the male asked.

"I got into a bit with that furball and we might have charred the Queen of Hearts' statue a bit.", Ace explains after he was released from underneath the cauldron.

"You damaged one of the Great Seven statues!? That's definitely something people would get angry with. You get into a prestigious school then do something like that on the first day...", he was shocked to what he heard and then gave a look to Ace.

".... Shuddup. And who are you?", Ace retorted.

"I'm Deuce. Deuce Spade. Would it hurt to remember your classmates' faces at least? Ummm...", Deuce ponders as he tries to remember Ace's name.

"You haven't memorized them either.", Ace said.

"A-anyway! If you were ordered to by the headmaster, that means you take it seriously.", Deuce said.

"Yeah, yeah. Understood... Then let's get it done and over with. Nnn?", as he says this he notices something is missing and I looked where he was and it hit me.

"...Oh no!", my face went pale now that I know what he noticed.

"Ah! That furball's gone!", Ace went wide eyed as he looked to see where Grim went.

We saw that Grim was outside on the run.

"He heh! I leave it to you all! Bye-bye!", Grim waved at us in a mocking tone as he ran.

"Why that little...", I said frustrated.

"Dumb cat! He made me take his place! Hey! Umm, Juice?", Ace turned to Deuce.

"I'm not Juice. Deuce! Deu!", Deuce responded irritated that Ace didn't get his name.

"You're partly responsible so help us catch that furball!", Ace said.

"Why me?", he asked.

"This deadweight can't use magic so they don't count! Let's go!", he pointed to me when he mentioned me and both Deuce and Ace went after him.

"Just because I can't use magic doesn't mean I'm deadweight!", I responded shouting back at him as they ran and I followed.

I know I can't do much, but it doesn't mean I'm not capable of anything. When I catch that little mischievous furball he's done for.