Episode 5-15: Commercial Exposition!

"Wait, he PROGRAMMED a singing voice?  Are you for real?!", Ace.

"Hah hah hah!  I see the Ignihyde housewarden's reputation as a technomantic engineering savant is well-deserved.  He gets some inspired ideas.", Lilia.  "That's p. legit, actually!  Programming voice synthesis software and posting songs you make with it has taken off big time.  I'm a fan of electropop stuff, myself.", Cater.

"I got no idea what any of you are talkin' about.", Grim.

"Really, Grimmy?  You've never seen a virtual idol before?  Here, lemme show you a clip.  Let's see...  Ah, hold up.  Gotta sit through a commercial without skipping to watch this for free.", Cater.

With Grim on my shoulder, we both watched the ad that played on Cater's phone.

~Commercial~

"I'll share a secret with you: this is no ordinary drink.  It's a magic wishing drink!  One sip, and all your wishes come true.", Neige.

*Magic*

"A loving red with a sparkling pop.  Red Apple Soda, on sale now.", Neige.

~Commercial End~

"Ooh, that's the drink commercial people have been talking about lately.  I gotta stay on top of the latest hotness!  I'll drop by the school store later and check it out.", Cater.  "Ah, that Neige fellow in the commercial there-- he came up at a recent housewarden meeting.  He's going to be appearing at this year's VDC, you know.", Lilia.

"What?!  That guy's a major celebrity!  And he's showing up for THIS?", Ace.  "This competition's attracting some serious heavyweights.  Now I really have to up my game...", Deuce.

"If I make it in, do you think I could get a selfie with Neige?", Cater.

"You're a shameless fanboy sometimes, Cater.", Ace.

"Look, Neige is THE hottest Magicammer out there.  If I get my chance, you bet I'm taking that shot.  Pun intended.  And if I could get Vil and Neige in the shot together with me?  I just KNOW I'd go viral.", Cater.

"Hey, Cater!  Can you hold your phone lower?  I can't see the screen at all!", Grim.

"I could project it on the wall for you, if you like.", Ortho

*SLAM*

The door suddenly opened, catching everyone's attention.

"Silence, spuds!", Vil.

*Sparkle!*

Bright sparkles was then spread throughout the room as if their presence wasn't enough to tell us who they were.

"Whoa, that's bright!  What's with the sparkles?", Deuce.

"I'm seein' stars over here!", Grim.

He started to slip on my shoulder, but I pulled him up before he would fall.

"......", Epel.

"Epel...", Kalin.

I spotted him next to Vil as he announced himself.

"I find it difficult to believe that anyone on this campus would be ignorant of who I am, but courtesy dictates an introduction all the same.  I am Vil Schoenheit, housewarden of Pomefiore.  This year, the headmage assigned me a duty...  To select entrants to compete in the Vocal & Dance Championship.  We will now begin the ensemble auditions.  Rook, take it away.", Vil.

"Oui, Roi du Poison.  I am Rook Hunt, vice housewarden of Pomefiore.  A pleasure to make your acquaintance.", Rook.

"Oh hey, it's the weirdo who was takin' audition applications.  That guy's a vice housewarden?", Grim.  "It explains why he was in charge of the applications though.", Kalin.

"We will have each of you perform the assigned set piece.  You will be evaluated separately for singing and dancing.  The auditions will be in groups of three.  Come inside when your name is called.", Rook. 

"...Well, here goes.", Kalin.