Episode 5-21: A Training Camp Bribe!

"In my infinite generosity, I shall field that question!", Crowley.

"Myah!  Headmage!  Again with the poppin' outta thin air?  You're scarin' the daylights outta me!", Grim.

As we were startled again, Grim leapt off my shoulder.

"Oh, I beg your pardon.  I did not especially mean to conceal my presence, for what it's worth.", Crowley.  Ahem.  Anyway.  Allow me to explain why you were summoned here with the ensemble members.  Starting this weekend, we will have four weeks until the Vocal & Dance Championship kicks off.  And I would ever be so appreciative if you could share Ramshackle Dorm as the site for their training camp!", Crowley.

"TRAINING CAMP?!", All.

Everyone except the Pomefiore members were in shock after hearing Crowley's suggestion.

"You want them to stay at Ramshackle Dorm?!", Kalin.

Saying it out loud somehow made me feel lighter, and my uniform blazer fell off my shoulder on one side.

*(!) We do have a lot of empty rooms, but... this just got way more complicated. (!)*

"Headmage, why would we need to stay together at a training camp when it's already on campus?  We all have our own dorms.", Jamil.

"It's a team-building exercise.  You come from different dorms, different class years, different birthplaces, different cultures.  It is my hope that living together will help you foster a greater sense of camaraderie.", Crowley.

"It's true that first-rate music groups eat at the same table and sleep under the same roof to build rapport.", Vil.

"I considered Pomefiore as an option, but I feared that would make some members feel more out of their element than others.  At Ramshackle Dorm, however, everyone would be starting from the same baseline.", Crowley.

"Th-this is still really sudden...", Deuce.  "Yeaaah, I'm suddenly getting a powerful urge to drop out.", Ace.

"I think a mixed dorm training camp sounds like a blast!  My only question is, would it be okay for both me and Jamil to be absent from Scarabia for a whole month?", Kalim.

"Worry not, my boy.  I will be exercising my authority as headmage to support you all in whatever capacity you need.  Oh, what a kindly soul I am!  It is in Night Raven College's best interest to take other schools down a peg and win the title of "the world's greatest" for ourselves.", Crowley.

*(!) Ah, there it is.  The only reason he's being this generous is so we can try to beat the other schools, aka, Royal Sword Academy.  But then again, when I recall the number of times they lost to them in anything school event related...  I guess I can't blame him too much, but still. (!)*

"Hold your horses, Crowley.  If we ain't in the ensemble, why should we contribute to this at all?  I don't want anything to do with it!", Grim.

"Really, Grim?  Are you certain of that?  You know, if you find it in your heart to share your dorm for the training camp, there might be something nice in it for you...", Crowley.

"Myah?  Wh-what kinda "nice" are we talkin' here?", Grim.  "...Here we go again.", Kalin.

"Should our team win first place, Rook and I will donate our shares of the prize to Ramshackle Dorm.", Vil.

"What?  But were not even competing.", Kalin.

"It is a pittance to me-- hardly worth the time it would take to enter it into my ledger.", Vil.  "It's only fitting to provide proper compensation to those contributing to Vil's cause.", Rook.