Chapter 23

I took a nap for about 4 hours. It was 3pm. I got off my bed and my legs felt a little weak from all the jogging. I stretched my legs a little bit and walked downstairs. I went over to my fridge. Nothing. I need to go grocery shopping, I hate it though. I changed into grey sweatpants and a blue t shirt. I grabbed some sneakers and walked out of the house. I went into the car and drove to the grocery store. I went over to the vegetables first. I have no idea what to pick because I can't cook, but I know Derek can a little bit. I grabbed some green things and red ones. Oh yeah I like tomatoes. I grabbed 2 big ones and walked over to the lettuce. I grabbed some because I know Derek would love to eat salads. I looked down at my green foods. I picked some up from the cart and looked at the name. Kale. It looked weird, but I put it back into the cart. I walked over to the snacks. My area. I grabbed gushers, gold fish, pringles, brownies, cookies, Oreos, little muffins, and chips. I walked over to the drinks and grabbed some juices. The alcohol isle was next to it. I really wanted tequila right now. I walked over and grabbed some wine, beer, whiskey, and tequila for the guest that come over. I put them into the cart and went to the refrigerators. I grabbed some meat and deli meat. I grabbed butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. I went over to the freezer things and grabbed some snacks. I grabbed bread from the bread isle as well. I bought all the groceries and walked out of the store. I put the bags in the trunk of my car and put the cart away. I got into the car and drove home. I took all the bags in and put everything away. This was exhausting. I went over to the couch and laid down. I fell asleep. I woke up to my phone ringing. I quickly took it out of my pocket and answered it.

"Hello" I asked

"Is this Meredith Grey" the person asked

"Yes this is she" I said

"We have something to tell you" the woman said

"Go on" I said anxious

"Your father passed away last night and we would like you to come down to discuss his will" she said

"What about Lexie, Molly, or Susan" I asked

"You're his private attorney" she said

"Okay when do I have to be there" I asked

"Next week" she said

"Ok" I said hanging up my phone

I started feeling tears in my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but they started getting worse. I didn't like thatcher, but I wasn't expecting this so soon. I started crying in the couch. I laid down and my face was in the sofa. My phone started ringing again and I sat up. I grabbed it.

"Hello" I said wiping my eyes

"Meredith where are you" Derek asked

"At home. Why" I said

"Stay there. Don't move, wait for me. I'll be there soon" he said

I was really confused. I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket.

Did you see the news?

They all asked. I grabbed my phone and opened it. I looked up the latest news.

Casualties at Seattle Grace hospital as Bomb exploded. Firefighters and police are on the scene now. They haven't found the suspect.

I started to worry a lot. I started walking in circles around the living room. There was a knock at the door.

"Meredith" he said

I walked over and opened it. He was covered in ash. His whole body is grey, even his clothes. His hair was grey too with a big scratch along his forehead. It was bleeding. He leaned down and hugged me tight.