Chapter 52

The next day derek and I haven't talked that much. I went into Nova's room and took her out of her crib. I changed her and brushed her teeth. I put her down and she took the toothbrush. She started laughing and ran out of the room.

"Where are you going" I laughed walking out of the room

She ran downstairs and I followed her. She ran to the kitchen and Derek was making lunch for us.

"Dadaw" she said

He turned and looked down at her. He looked up and me and started smiling.

"Say it again" he smiled bending down to her

She held the toothbrush out and he took it.

"Daddaaw" she laughed

He picked her up and I started laughing. He put the tooth brush on the kitchen counter and I walked over to him. I hugged her in his arms.

"I knew she'd say me first" he smiled

I kissed her cheek and looked up at him.

"I can't believe this" I scoffed

He handed her to me and finished making lunch. I put Nova in her high chair and gave her my phone to play on. I walked over to Derek and he handed me 2 plates. I took one to Nova. I cut up the chicken and salad. I took my phone and she started eating the food with her hands. Derek gave her a sippy cup of juice. I went over to the table and started eating. Derek was eating at the counter. We all finished eating and I grabbed Nova. I cleaned her face and walked out of the house. I put her in her car seat in my car.

"You girls have a fun day" Derek said behind me.

"We will isn't that right" I said tickling nova.

She started laughing. I turned around and Derek looked down at me.

"We'll talk tonight. Bye I love you and maybe I'll make it to the movies with you" he said kissing my lips

He pulled away and went into his car. I got into mine and started driving away. We drove to the beach and I parked. I grabbed Novas stroller and put her into it. We started walking on the board walk. It was pretty hot today. We stayed for about 30 minutes because it was too hot to stay any longer. We went back to the car and I put her in her car seat. I gave her a sippy cup that I poured water into. She started drinking it. I went into the drivers seat and started driving to the movie theater. We got to the movies and parked close by. I texted Derek. I grabbed nova and a blanket. I walked into the theaters. We walked to the concessions and I bought tickets to The Conjuring. It looked pretty good. I bought Popcorn, candy, and a large drink. I grabbed everything and went to feel my drink up. I walked back to the movies. I walked down the hall and went to the big theater. I walked in and went up to our seats in the middle of the theater, there wasn't that many people in here. I put the food and drinks down. I sat in my seat and put nova on my lap. I put the blanket over us. This wasn't the best movie to take a 10 month old to. I grabbed the drink and put it into the cup holder. I put the food in the seat next to me. Nova was playing on my phone. The movie started and we watched together. It started off with something crazy. I shut novas eyes with my hand and there was a jump scare. I started kissing her head so that she wouldn't cry from the noise.

"That was funny" I whispered wrapping my arm around her.

We watched for a little longer and I saw Derek. He started walking up the stairs and saw us. He went to our row and started walking through. He sat by me and Nova stood up. He started smiling and took her.

"What did I miss" he asked out of breath

"Not a lot" I said

He held her and we watched the movie. We finished and threw our empty popcorn, candy, and drink away. We walked to the front door and walked outside.