Chapter 49

2 weeks later

Today was Halloween. We were getting the kids ready. Nova was in her little princess costume. She was adorable. I was watching her. She was in her room with Derek. He was sitting on the bed and she was putting spells on him. I started laughing loudly and they both looked at me.

"What's so funny" Derek smiled getting up

Nova started running to me

"Nothing" I laughed leaning down.

She hugged me and I picked her up.

"Mmm" she said pushing me a little

"She wants down" Derek smiled

"Shut up" I laughed

I put her down and she ran to her toy box. She pulled out a princess tiara and walked over to us. She tapped Dereks leg and he bent down to her. She put the tiara on him.

"I love this, but I need my son" he laughed

"I'd tell him to do the same" I laughed

He got up with nova and we all left the room. We went downstairs. Amelia, Arizona, Callie, Emma, and Caleb were down here. Emma and Caleb were thing one and thing two. Arizona and Callie both had painted cat faces. Amelia and I put our witch hats on. We walked out of the house and drove to this huge neighborhood. We parked our cars at Lexie's house which was in the middle of the neighborhood. We walked up to her door and she opened it.

"Hey do you guys want to carve pumpkins" she asked

"Yeahhh" Emma and Caleb yelled

I started smiling. Derek kissed the side of my head. We all walked into her house and helped her carry the pumpkins out. We sat on her front porch and I helped Nova cut the pumpkin. Derek was helping a little bit. I took the top off. We started making eyes and a mouth. We cut them out.

"Okay so we're going to scoop this out" I said using a spoon to take the seeds out.

It wouldn't do anything.

"Let's just get in there" I smiled

Nova stood up and we started taking the seeds out with our hands.

"You girls are crazy" Derek laughed

"Do you want daddy to do it too Nova" I asked

She shook her head

"There's your answer" I laughed

"Fine. Only for you Nova" He smiled

He started scooping the seeds out with us. We finished the whole pumpkin and put a candle into it. We lit it and put the top on.

"Good job nova" I smiled high fiving her

We all had messy hands. I grabbed a alcohol wipe from my bag and wiped all of our hands. The kids were done and we started trick or treating. The kids had there empty pillow cases. Derek brought Nova up to the houses. We all talked while the kids got candy. We finished all the houses and it was starting to get dark. We didn't want them to go out at night because that's when all the older kids come. We went back to Lexie's house and walked in.

"Make yourselves at home" she said

I went upstairs and went into the bathroom. I went pee and Derek walked in.

"Derek" I said

"What I've seen it before" I smiled washing his face

I scoffed at him and wiped. I flushed the toilet and pulled my pants up. I pushed him out of the way and washed there hands.