Chapter 38

1 month later

It's May. Nova has gotten so big. Derek has been gone a lot with surgeries and the house he's building. I decided today we should have a girls day. I got both of us ready for the day. I fixed her fluffy black hair. I fed her and grabbed my keys. I walked out of the house with her and put her into her car seat. I went into the front seat and started the car. I decided to check up on Derek. He was at the trailer. I drove over there and grabbed Nova. I walked over to the stone foundation he made. I heard him laughing. I walked closer and saw him and Owen talking. They were drinking beers. They heard me and Derek looked over.

"Hey Mer" he yelled steeping off the foundation

He walked over to us.

"How are you guys" he asked squeezing Novas little cheek gently

"We're doing good what about you" I asked

He took more sips of his beer

"I'm doing good" he said leaning down

He put his arm around my back. He kissed my lips. He pulled away and walked us over to the foundation. I stepped onto the wood.

"This is really good" I said to the big open space.

"Yeah I really love it" he said

He sat down next to Owen

"What are you guys doing today" he asked

"We're having a girls day" I said smiling at Nova

"Good for you guys" he smiled

"Well I just wanted to check up on everything" I smiled walking over to him

"Thanks" he said standing up

I kissed his lips. He kissed Novas head.

"I'll see you guys at home" he whispered

"Yeah love you" I said

"Love you too" he smiled

I walked to my car and put nova in the back. I drove to the salon. I picked nova up and brought her inside. We waited for our appointment. It was a mixture of everything. Everything was ready and we walked back. I put nova in a car that they had for the kids. I sat next to her. They washed our hair and started cutting.

"So for her just a trim and for me the usual" I smiled

"Of course Dr. Grey" he laughed

He started cutting my hair. The other hairstylist started cutting Novas hair. He finished with my hair. It was my usual wavy v shape.

"So what color would you like" he asked

"Blonde highlights" I said

He walked away to make the mixture of hair dye. I grabbed Novas little hand and she looked up at me giggling. She was too young too have a sucker. They gave her a little duck. She kept trying to show me it. I took it and started playing with her. My hairstylist came back and started painting the highlights into my hair. He grabbed tin foil and started wrapping my hair in it. He finished my highlights and I picked Nova up. We walked back to where the mani pedis are. We sat into the massage chairs. They started with our pedicures first. Nova was getting pink and I was getting red. I put my head under the heater to dry it more. They finished our pedicures and started our manicures. They finished and my hair was done. We dried our nails and Novas hairstylist took her to play with her while I got my hair washed again. They took me back and took the tin foil out of my hair. He washed my hair and dried it. He brushed it and fluffed it. I grabbed the little mirror and looked at myself. I looked hot. I mean I always look hot, but wow.

"Thanks" I said shaking his hand

"Yeah anytime for you Dr. Grey and little Nova" he smiled

I started smiling. I walked to the play place where Nova was. I picked her up and we went outside. I put her into the car. We went to a sandwich place. Nova needed to be changed. I quickly changed her in the car. She was laughing the whole time. I picked her up and threw her diaper in the trash next to my car. I grabbed wet ones and wiped my hands. I held her on my waist and walked into the sandwich place. I grabbed 2 sandwiches to go with 2 chocolate chip cookies, drinks, and chips. I grabbed the bag and walked out. I put everything in the back next to Nova. It was about 7pm. This took a long time. I drove home and grabbed everything. I walked into the house and walked upstairs. It was time for Nova's nap. I put her in her crib and texted Derek.
I asked him when he was coming home. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I went downstairs and grabbed my sandwich, drink, chips, and cookie. I put it on a plate and started eating. I was watching Below Deck: Sailing Yacht it was a pretty good show.

"What are you kidding Daisy why are you like this" I said to the tv

"What is going on" I laughed

I got a text and grabbed my phone. I looked at it.

"I'll be home in about an hour" he texted

"Okay I got us food" I texted back

I put my phone down and kept watching the tv. I finished my sandwich and was eating my chips. I started feeling really tired. I laid down and fell asleep. I woke up to Derek.

"Hey I'm back" he whispered

"Mmm" I said wiping my mouth

I sat up

"What happened" I asked

"You were asleep" I said

"Where's Nova" I asked

"I just checked on her. She's never gonna let us sleep" he laughed

"Yeah" I laughed rolling my eyes

"Your hairs nice" he said

"Thanks" i said

"I like the summer highlights" he smirked

"Me too" I laughed

"Oh there's food on the kitchen counter" I said

"Oh thanks" he smiled

He went over to the kitchen. I kept watching below deck. He walked back over with his food.

"So you're watching the new episode without me. I see how it is" he laughed

"Aw I- wow okay" I said not knowing what to say

"Mmhm" he laughed

I hit his arm gently with mine. He started laughing.

Do y'all want more chapters like this, action, or surgeries😭😭😭