Chapter 51

I turned around to face him and started shivering. I looked deep into his eyes and saw everything. The pain, the happy, sad, anger. I put my hand on the back of his hair and pulled him down. I kissed his lips.

"Keep me warm" I chattered

I buried my head into his chest and he wrapped the blanket tighter around us. The rain started getting louder outside. I fell asleep into his embrace. I woke up a couple hours later. I rolled over on my back and realized Derek wasn't here. I grabbed my clothes and put them on. It was freezing and still raining. He didn't even leave me his car key for the warmth of the car. His clothes were gone, so he must've went somewhere. I opened the car door because I could open it from the inside, even though it's locked on the outside. I ran to the hotel. I walked in and started walking to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited. I started getting a phone call. I answered it.

"Hello" I said

"Mer where'd you go" he asked

"Where'd you go" I said

"To get breakfast at ihop next door. It's 4am" he said

"Come into the hotel" I sighed

I walked back to the lobby and he came in. He was soaked. We walked back to the elevator. It opened and we walked in. I slid my card on the elevator button so that we could go to my floor.

"Wow so you really didn't want to see me" he said

"No I didn't and you're leaving right after we eat. I need some alone time" I said staring at the door

"Where's nova" he asked

"At Alex's" I said

The elevator dinged and we walked out. We went to my room and I opened it. We both walked in. I started taking my clothes off.

"This is nice" he said

"I know. It was a perfect place to get away" I said

I put my pajamas on and handed him a pair of sweats that could barely fit him. He handed me some food on a plate. I went to my bed and turned the tv on. I started eating my food. He laid next to me. I started tearing up. I tried not to make it noticeable. I ate my pancakes and drank water. I put the plate on the nightstand and pulled the blanket over me. I was exhausted. Derek was still laying next to me and I fell asleep. I woke up a little while later. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was 12pm. I turned over. Derek wasn't there. I got up and changed my clothes. I brushed my teeth. I left the room and went downstairs to the nail salon. I walked in and picked out a red color. I sat down and a man came over. He started painting my nails. He finished and I started drying them. I went to get my toes done with the same color. I sat in the massage chair and put my feet in the water. He came and did my toes. I got off of the chair and went to dry everything. I walked out of the salon and went to the hair salon. I walked in and sat down. I asked them to give me blonde highlights and a trim. They started with the color first. They finished and dried it with hot heat. They finished and washed my hair. They started cutting. They finished and it looked pretty good. I went to a spa. I walked in and went downstairs to wait. It was really quiet. I went into the locker room and changed into a robe and flip flops. I went into the sauna and stayed there for a little bit. I walked out and a woman came in. I walked back into a room with her. I went on to the table. I laid face down. My face was in a whole on the table. I took my robe off and she covered my waist down. She started putting oils onto my back. She started rubbing them in and massaging me.

"Mmmm thank you for this" I mumbled

"No problem Dr. Grey" she laughed

I let her work her magic hands. She finished and I went to another room to get my face cleansed. I got done and went back to the locker room. I grabbed a cold towel and walked into the sauna. I started letting myself soak into this. I was relaxed. I got up and walked out of the sauna. I changed back into my clothes and left the spa. I checked my phone. It was 6pm and I had a miscall from Derek. I opened the voicemail

Hey. I have Nova. I just got off of work if you want you can come over here or I can go over there. Whatever works but I really want to see you

I stopped the voicemail and put my phone into my pocket. I went back upstairs to my floor. I walked into my room and started packing. It's time that I come back so Nova has both her parents. She is too little to understand about her sisters. We haven't really brought it up because she would get excited about meeting them. I cried while I packed. I started feeling a huge cramp in my stomach. I fell to my knees and held myself. It finally went away after a couple seconds. I stood up and felt liquid. I went to the bathroom and started peeing. I wiped and saw blood. I started my period. This is supposed to be really bad after my miscarriage. My pants and underwear were soaked. I took them off and washed them in the sink. I turned the shower on and took my shirt and bra off. I walked into the shower and started washing my hair. I finished everything and walked out. I grabbed a towel and dried my body. I brushed my hair and wrapped it in the towel. I felt blood running down my thighs. I quickly wiped it so that it wouldn't go onto the floor. I had to move quickly. I ran to one of my bags and grabbed panties. I went back into the bathroom and grabbed a pad. I put it on the underwear and slid them onto me. I put a tampon in. I was finally done. I walked out of the bathroom and put pants on along with a shirt and bra. I put the wet clothes into a bag. I finished packing everything and grabbed my bags. I walked out of the room. I went downstairs and left my key card with the woman at the front desk.

"Go be with that hot man of yours woooo" she yelled as I was walking out of the door

I started laughing. I brought my bags to my car and put them in. I saw the blanket and started remembering last night. It was so vivid. I started smiling then I started getting mad. How could he think he could fix everything with sex? It's not that easy. I went into the drivers seat and started the car. I drove to our dream house. I took my bags and brought them to the front door. I tried to find my key and put it into the door. I turned and it unlocked. I opened the door and brought my bags in. Derek was watching me as he was sitting on the couch eating. I quickly took the wet clothes to the dryer. I threw them in and started driving them. I walked out of the room and went back to Derek. I walked next to him and he turned to me. He looked up at me.

"How could you think that we would be okay if you had sex with me" I said

He sighed and looked down. He stood up and put his bowl on the coffee table. He looked at me and put his arms on my shoulders.

"No I didn't. I did it because we were both grieving and I thought it would make us feel better. Now that you're back we can finally have an actual conversation about it all" he said

He leaned down and pecked my lips.

"Nova's upstairs" he whispered looking down at my lips

I started biting my lip as I looked down at his.

"She can wait" I whispered leaning in

I started kissing his lips and he wrapped his hands in my hair. He pulled my head back a little and deepened the kiss. The baby monitor started going off and we slowly pulled away.

Sooo y'all are expressing your feelings to each other now? 🤷‍♀️ what if you spill something that you weren't meant to spill😳😏😏😏😏