Part 7

"ANDY! I.... I CAN'T BREATH"
*Some hours before*
Jake came out of the office running "Kate! Kate!"
"Here!" Yelled Kate who was helping a women get up. "Follow the exit ma'am. Do not use the elevator" indicated Kate
"Kate we have to leave" said Jake
An explosion was heard, which made Kate's body shiver as Jake threw her to the ground covering her head with his arms. Fear was surrounding her, until she heard the only sound which made her calm 'the fire truck sirens'.
"HELP!" Yelled a women who had a child in her hands. Jake and Kate stood up and covering their heads rushed to them.
"He is not waking up!" Yelled the women
Jake grabbed the kid in his arms and checked his head and looked at Kate "we need to get them out" he said seriously
Kate nodded and got the women up on her feet as Jake followed carrying the child.
"Hey!" Yelled Kate through the stairs where people were rushing down "you're going to get out of here! I need to make room for this child first. Is anybody else hurt?" She asked
Three people lifted up their hands and Jake yelled.  "Okey everyone. Listen to me! Two lines. The injured line on the left the others on the right. There's no time to lose come on"
At the fire station Maya's heart skipped a bit when they told her where the fire was. She knew Kate could be there. Except she could have already left. She prayed to god she was not there
"Five alarm. Captain" said Montgomery
"Come on 19 we leaving!" Yelled maya
The fire truck rushed to the office and they all got down and assess the situation.
"Travis and Ben! You're on civilian duty" ordered Maya "Warren and Vic! Open to the lower floors. Herrera and I will take over the higher floors"
The team took there positions and when Travis and Ben got into the building the civilians were ordered and ready to leave.
"Someone here knew what they were doing" said Ben to Travis
"Someone else in this building?" Asked Travis to the civilians
"A young couple! They were the ones to put us in the stairs!" Said a lady
The two firefighters assessed the injured ones and delivered them to grey Sloan.
*20th floor*
Fire was starting to climb through the walls and ceiling and visibility was now practically cero.
"Kate!" Yelled Jake "we need to get to the stairs!"
"There's someone here!" Said Kate walking opening an office. "Someone is hurt!" She yelled.
"KATE! There was already an explosion there's going to be another!" Yelled Jake rushing to Kate.
A woman was laying on the floor. Tended there. Jake looked at Kate and said "you know how the mail works right?"
"What?" Asked Kate
"The stairs will be our mail. We'll leave victims there. Firefighters will get them, and when they finish the lower floors they'll get to ours." Explained Jake
"Okey okey, let's leave her then" said Kate and both of them left the women by the stairs. As they were leaving the stairs Kate rushed again into the stairs and the women woke up. "Ma'am? You're in a fire help is coming right away." Said Jake trying to asses the women.
The building shook. Like a quake but this was definitely the structure failing. Jake could listen to the firefighters coming up the stairs. He tried to warn them and Kate. "KATE GET DOWN!" He yelled and us he thought so, the explosion came. The roof fell down on them. The explosion threw Jake down the stairs in a two floor fall.
"JAKE!!!" Yelled Kate in despair. But as soon as she finished yelling she realised she was trapped in the office not only the door was trapped but, she was under a shelf which had crushed her hand. "Arhhhgg" she yelled in pain and tried to move but realise her body was trapped.
Andy and Maya who were in the 18th floor rushed to Jake who fell through the stairs and seemed to be unconscious.
"Hey, hey! Can you listen to me?!" Asked Andy as Maya assessed his head
Jake slowly woke up and said "I'm, I'm yes" he managed to say
"What's your name?" Asked Andy
"Jake. I'm Jake. I need to go get her" he said and tried to get up
"No no, stay down. Do not move Jake" said Maya
"I need to get Kate" he said struggling to her up despite Andy held him in the floor
Maya's face turn white. She froze as she heard that. She looked at Andy whose face was also pale. Those looks were interrupted by another explosion upstairs.
"Miller! Gibson! 18th floor now!" Yelled Andy through her radio "victim, 18 year guy. Take him to grey Sloan!" She yelled and managed to grab Maya who was about to get on the stairs.
"Maya wait!" She said and grabbed her
"I can't wait Andy! I can't!! My daughter is upstairs! She's there!! I'm going!" She said
"Maya! You need to wait!! Somethings exploding upstairs! You exploding there won't help Kate!" Said Andy
Upstairs Kate heard a crying sound maybe a child or a young girl. She needed help. Struggling through the pain she decided she'd get out. She tried to lift a bit the shelf and with her crashed hand slipped under the shelf. She heard at least two ribs cracking as she made her way out and almost passed out. But she couldn't stop thinking of that little girl. She somehow stood and before getting to the door fell down. Her head was spinning and she felt like it was going to burst. Again a crying sound came and together with the crying sound a voice came "please!" As Kate heard that she got up again and as she got out of the office saw a young girl. Crying curled up in a ball on the floor, Kate approached her and checked she was fine. She got her up and guided her to the stairs but realised no one was there.

Jake got to grey Sloan and amelia and Owen were waiting there.
"Sir, you're at grey Sloan" said hunt taking him in
"Let's get a head CT" said Amelia
Jake tried to get up saying "Kate is there let me go please!"
Owen laid him back down and said "No no, hey! You need to lay down you took a fall"
"The explosions are every less dan 20 minutes apart" said Gibson over his radio
"Okey will go right know" said Andy to Maya
Both of them rushed upstairs and when they were on the 19th floor heard a murmure on the walls they both looked at each other and thought 'gas' and an explosion in the stairs took them down. Both of them just were laying still on the floor.

"My name is Kate" she said to the little girl, struggling with pain she said again "what's your name?"
"I'm Jessie. Please don't leave me" she said and grabbed Kate's hand
"I, won't, I won't leave you. Are you alone?" Kate asked
"My mom. She was laying down on the floor" said the little girl crying pointing behind a table where a women was laying down. Kate rushed over her and realised she was slowing waking up. "Ma'am, ma'am. My name is Kate. You're in a Fire, we need to leave, the building is exploding" she said and got the women up and helped her walk
She took them to the stairs carefully since there was no visibility. She heard the murmure. She knew what that meant. But something in her eyes lit up as she saw the torches down the stairs. Help was there.
Kate thought about and knew about the explosion. She told the women to start going down and to wait for the little girl half way. Once the women got there and the little girl was halfway with her mom, Andy and Maya started waking up by the sound of them getting down the stairs.
Andy managed to get up and stopped them "NO! Don't! Gas leak! You need to come with us!" She said and Gibson appeared with the whole team. Warren took the women to an aid car but before, the women explained who brought her down. Maya ran upstairs until she felt she fell to the ground. It was Andy who had tackled her and covered her head with her arms. Seconds after the explosion came.
You feel like sometimes you can't take more. You feel like it's just too much.
But Kate, she couldn't take any more. She was scared to hell. She was alone. All alone. Just feeling she'd die there alone, not being able to see anybody again. The second explosion she got herself into the office again and the glasses falling in the room. A glass cut through her cheek. She felt that was it.
"ANDY?!" Said Maya getting up after the explosion they were both just numbed after the second explosion
"Now we are going" said Andy and grabbed Maya's hand as they rushed upstairs together with the team.
It was a war zone. In despair they all yelled there lungs out calling for Kate as they extinguished the fire.
Maya rushed to the office door since she knew she would be there. "Andy here!" She yelled
"Kate!!!" Yelled Andy and Vic 
There was a moment of silence before Maya's heart could beat again
"An... Andy?" Asked a low voice on the other side.
"KATE!" Yelled maya in tears pulling to open the door
"Mom?" She asked
"Yes! Yes it's me. We are getting you out." Said Maya bringing the iron to break the door.
Gibson and dean were already on it. Breaking the door down.
"Kate stay with me okey? Stay awake. Your mom is taking you out now" said Andy
"I can't, I can't breath Andy" she said
"No no no, stay awake come on!" Yelled Andy and vic "you can't close your eyes!"
All the team was there and got to take the door down and the pieces of roof which were covering the entrance.  Maya rushed to the corner to finde her child.
Even firefighters can feel use less when they can't do something. They know they can't help someone because if they do it. They could kill them. That was what happened here. Except when it's your child. It's even harder to accept.

Okeyy heyy, here we are
Any idea of what's gonna happen?