Chapter 1

HARLEY'S POV

After my grandfather died, nothing was back to normal, without my cousins I only had my sister Emily Prentiss. I work for the CIA now and she works for the FBI in the Behavior Analysis Unit (BAU). Emily is my little sister, and after what happened with my cousins we only had each other. Emily looks a lot like me, we both have black hair, white skin and we are both tall. We used to live in separate houses, but after what happened with my grandfather we live together and moved to Quantico, Virginia. When I leave for work she is always really worried about me and viceversa. The fact that she might get hurt, shot, or might not come back makes me a little paranoid, but she always tells me it's part of the job.

Emily has a really nice team, they are like her other family and I like them. Emily has a boyfriend, his name is Derek Morgan, one of her co-workers, and they are getting married soon hopefully, they just got engaged so we'll see. We have been waiting for this wedding; and their friends got everything planned even though there's no actual wedding date yet, all the girls are going to Italy, if work doesn't get in the way. They want this trip to be really interesting and special, so Emily can forget what happened in her past in Italy.

When Emily was a little girl our mother travelled a lot because she was an embassador, her name is Elizabeth Prentiss. When Emily was 15 and I was 18, she got pregnant by mistake, just because she wanted to fit in her school. It was very hard for her to switch schools and make new friends, so she thought that she had to sleep with some dude to get friends. When this happened, her best friend Matthew took her to get an abortion and right after he took her back to church. The priest knew what she had done and he thought of her as a sinner because of her decision. When he saw Emily and Matthew come in the church, he stopped the prayers so he could stare in her eyes and make her feel intimidated, Matthew knew she wanted to back up and run out of there, but he told her that she was there to talk to God not to the priest. They kept on walking and stayed through the whole prayer which made Emily feel better and after they went on with their lives like nothing happened. Emily became the strong and confident woman she is today and was able to join the bureau.