Chapter 67: Blanca

Song: High Enough
By: K.Flay

Ash's POV

"Did... did she say what about?" I asked, looking at the now peacefully sleeping (Y/n). Eiji looked back up at me, an unreadable expression crossing his usually happy features. "No, but she was crying out for you." He replied, which made my heart drop. "O-okay... thanks for looking after her. You can go to bed if you want." I mumbled, kicking myself mentally as Eiji got up and left, patting my shoulder as he passed me.

I quickly changed into something to sleep in, then slipping under the covers next to (Y/n). I wrapped my arms around her, bringing her body close to my chest. Her night shirt was damp with sweat, her face reddened and tear stained. My face rested by her neck, nestled into the crook where the it joined onto her shoulders. I could feel my own emotions starting to surface. I felt guilty for not being here when (Y/n) needed me. My own tears slipped from my eyes, landing softly on her neck. I tried my best to be quite, as not to wake her.

Instead, I just sobbed into her neck in the dark, holding her body tightly against mine until I fell asleep.

(Y/n)'s POV

When I woke up, I was no longer in Eiji's lap. Two arms held me tightly to them, a mess of blonde hair rested in the crook of my neck and soft breaths blew against skin. I shuddered a little, relishing in the warm feeling. I wiggled back into Ash, pressing my back against his chest even more, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of being held tightly by him. I just lay there for a while, waiting for Ash to wake up and gently tracing the muscles on his arms with my fingertips. When he finally did wake, he didn't move either. He just pulled my waist closer to him, resting his chin on my shoulder with a sigh.

"Morning." I hummed, placing my hands over his and interlocking our fingers. "Morning." Ash repeated, his voice deep and raspy in my ear. He groaned, burrying his face back into my neck. I tried to stifel a giggle as his soft hair brished against my collarbone, tickleing the skin. "What's so funny?" He hummed, sending vibrations across my skin. In response, laughed even harder, making Ash sit up and look at me as if I'd gone mad. "What?" He asked again, poking my cheek with a pout. Instead of relply, I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room. Or, tried too. Ash managed to grab me and pull my body back down onto the bed, a suddenly serious expression on his face.

I frowned up at him, tilting my head slightly in confusion. "Ash?" I asked worriedly, taking back his hand and playing with it mindlessly. Ash sighed, leaning down resting his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry I wasn't here last night. I know you needed me too be." He mumbled, closing his eyes so he didn't have to see me. I felt my tears begin to well up again as he breathed softly on my face. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down and burrying my face into his shoulder. "You're back now, so it's okay." I cried into his shoulder, flashbacks from last night flicking through my mind. The nightmare played in my head, even though I was awake. I subconciously gripped onto Ash tighter. His body tensed in my arms, pulling away gently and sitting up before scooping me into up and cradling me in his arms. 

"Shh. It's okay. I'm here now, hm?" He soothed, stroking my hair and back rhythmically. "I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere now." He said softly, rocking us back and fourth. "I heard you come back last night..." I sniffled into his chest, looking up at him a little. "Why? Why where you crying?" Ash didn't look at me. His gaze was hard as he stared directly ahead. "I'm sorry for not being here when you needed me." He repeated his apology, giving me the answer I was looking for. He felt guilty. "Why were you awake? I thought you were asleep." Ash asked, still not meeting my gaze. "I couldn't sleep after that... not without knowing you were safe." I answered his question honestly. "I just faked it so Eiji wouldn't worry too much." I smiled softly at the thought of Eiji. He was such a good friend and he didn't leave me last night, even after I had 'fallen asleep'.