Chapter 96: Look after her

I'm writing this on my phone, as my laptop has broken so I apologise in advance if something is different 😅

Song: idfc
By: blackbear

Ash's POV

Laying in bed that night was one of the best feelings, but also one of the worst. Everything hurt. My body was sore and aching, despite the amount of painkillers I had taken. The bed was warm and soft, but at the same time cold and lonely. Sing had gone to check up on his guys, and Blanca was doing whatever Blanca does, so I was left alone. And without (Y/n) here, I felt truly isolated. All this combined, resulted in me crying to myself.

Up until this point, I simply hadn't had the time to process any kind of emotion. Everything flooded me all at once. I was drowing in a sea of emotion, feeling so many things simultaneously that I couldn't actually distinguish what it was I felt.

The next thing I knew, it was morning. New alerts were blowing up my phone, and it would not stop. I picked it up, glancing lastly at the headlines. A small smile tugged at my lips as I read them. It was 1 in the afternoon, and I decided to send Max a message. I knew he would be worrying about me, although he needn't do that.
'Congrats, dad. 🍴🐷' I sent, and left it at that.

With a sigh, I forced myself out of bed, cursing under my breath at sudden pains from injuries I didn't even know I had. I dressed as quickly as I could, pulling on a fur-lined jacket to combat the cold.

Winter was just starting to set in, and the air in central park was crisp. A few people were dotted about, some huddling close to their partners for warmth, some with headphone walking alone. After wandering aimlessly for a bit, I spotted Blanca sat by himself on a bench. He was reading, a faint smile on his face. I approached him as quietly as I could, but he still noticed me, his gaze never leaving the pages of his novel. "It's you, Ash." He smiled as I came out from behind a tree, taking a seat next to him. Blanca closed the book and crossed his legs, adjusting his blue scarf and matching over coat. "How did you find me here?" He asked, pushing the glasses he was wearing back up his nose and beginning to read again.
"You used to read here all the time. Anyways, here's your pay." His eyes widened as I stuck my hand out to him, dropping the money into his lap. "515 bucks and 75 cents. Tax and costs included."
"Well, thanks." He muttered, looking at the crumpled notes with a little confusion, as if he didn't expect me to pay him.

"You're leaving?" I asked him, already knowing the answer. "I leave tomorrow... did Sing say anything about Mr. Yut Lung?" He questioned back, pausing a little between his words. "What a faithful servant, caring for his master even after the contracts over. Sing can't kill him. He's too soft, unlike me." I smirked at Blanca, glancing sideways at him. "We all know you're a big softie." He chuckled, nudging my side somewhat forcefully. "What would you do to him?" He asked quietly, his expression suddenly becoming serious. "I'd tear him to a pulp. Always make sure the enemy is dead. You're the one who taught me that. I was never taught to take it easy." I sighed, leaning back on the bench. " I was told there was no need to, so there's a fault in my teaching I suppose."

"But anyways, I'm not the type to go out and kill someone. As long as he doesn't come for me, I'm fine with it. Satisfied?" I looked fully at Blanca, turning my head to face him. "Yeah." He smiled genuinely, his expression warm and soft. "Eiji is going back to Japan tomorrow. (Y/n) plans to join me." Blanca stated nonchalantly, his eyes glossing over with uncertainty. "But I'm sure she'd be happier here with you."
I turned my gaze away from Blanca.

"You were right. I don't bring anything but danger. I'm the kind of person she needs to stay away from. I get it now. Nah, I've known it all this time. I just couldn't accept it. Pitiful, huh?" I bring my hands to my head, closing my eyes as I spoke. "I just don't understand, I guess. She has every reason to be afraid or wary of me, and yet she slept by my side peacefully and put her trust into an untrustworthy monster like me. She exposed herself, put herself in a vulnerable position and almost got herself killed, for me. She makes me unbearably happy, and I want to do the same for her but I, my body... it react like a machine and kills people like nothing. Without thinking, without feeling. I've never been so scared or ashamed of myself." I stopped for a moment, breathing nervously. "I'll never meet him again. But I love her, even if we never meet again, I'll always love her." Blanca just gazed at me with this saddened look on his face. "I'm allowed to feel for her, right?" He didn't answer, leaving us to sit in silence for a moment as a young couple walked past.

"What are you going to do now?" Blanca finally said, staring directly ahead. "Nothing. Just be another scum of the city like always."
"Won't you come with me and (Y/n) to the Caribbean?" Blanca asked abruptly  his thumb running mindlessly over the cover of the book in his lap. "Since when have you acted according to your emotions? That's not like you, Sergei."
Although the idea was nice, and I'd love to go, I couldn't. And he knew I couldn't. "You're right. Forget I said it."

I sighed again, standing up and offering my hand to the man sat before me. "Well, take care of yourself, but mostly take care of (Y/n) for me. She can be pretty reckless..." I smiled sadly at him as Blanca took my hand in his much larger one, shaking it briefly. "You needn't worry about her. You take care of yourself." I smiled at him one last time before turning and making my way out of the park.

~~~
This book is nearly done
Although, there may be a sequal...

Anyways,
Have an amazing day/night
~Author-Chan<3