Chapter 12: Secrets Are Better Kept To Two.

There was a dead silence that filled the room. Neither of the two spoke a word. Taehyung slowly backed away from the warlock to give him some space as he, himself, took in the information he was given. The red haired male blinked a few times as he ran his fingers through his hair. He just couldn't wrap his head around it. His own new friend, a magic user?- well as the younger said warlock. Taehyung took a breath and turned to find a chair to sit on. With a staggered breath and a hiss, he licked his lips softly and kept quiet. 

Jeongguk watched with nerves fluttering around inside his stomach as he took a gulp. He didn't know what to think, he was scared beyond reason and worst of all, the prince might out him. The warlock had so many reasons to be sacred as his life was on the line. But it all comes down to what the prince says next. He slid down the wall that was behind him, right to his knees and sat there almost shaking. His thoughts were loud with the millions of thoughts on replay of 'he's going to tell his father, I'm dead' he felt terrified to his core, so he closed his eyes and waited till the prince would give an answer. 

"...Well? What do you expect me to say?" Taehyung finally spoke with a breathless chuckle. 

"I.. don't know..? I'm terrified here, Hyungie…" Jeongguk let out softly as he hid his face in his hands. 

Taehyung finally looked at him. His lips formed a fond smile and gaze softened as he saw just how much the warlock was shaken. He let out a sigh and got up from his chair to kneel in front of the younger. He took his hands in his softly, to get them away from the males face and looked into the warlock's teary eyes. 

"Jeongguk, you know I'm not like my father.." Taehyung whispered "...I would never have you be put on death row just because you have magic…" his eyes shifted between the younger male's softly. 

"You're too sweet, you saved me, remember..?" He smiled as he saw a tear fall from the others eyelashes. "... hey remember that?" He quickly wiped it away, trying to make the younger smile. 

"Remember when we had to run all over the castle to find out about a potion that wasn't real, only for my father to change his mind..?" Taehyung chuckled.

"...actually… there was a spell… I performed it that day…" the warlock admitted softly. 

"Even better…" Taehyung smiled. "Hey… I'm not mad, I wouldn't do anything, you know this" 

"I know…" Jeongguk nodded. "But..-" 

"Not buts.." Taehyung chuckled. "I couldn't even hurt a fly…" 

"But you've fought creatures twice your size, have you not?" Jeongguk asked. 

"Not yet, I know it might happen one day, but only time will tell" The prince booped the warlock's nose. "Come, stand up" 

Taehyung helped the younger male stand up by holding his arms. As soon as they stood up the red haired male pulled the warlock into a hug. He held Jeongguk close, making sure he could feel comforted, safe or even secure. 

"Who else knows..?" Taehyung asked softly as he rubbed the others back. 

"Only Namjoon-ssi, he and my eomma would write letters to each other about my apprenticeship as he would help teach me new spells…" Jeongguk explained. "Though, we haven't really started yet, I've just been reading a book he gave me" 

"I see…" Taehyung nodded. "Now… what are we going to do about her..?" The prince asked as he let go of the younger from his embrace. 

"I'm not too sure yet… I'm sorry" Jeongguk apologized. "We just met her today, it would be easier to know more with more time" he grumbled.