Chapter 99: Fear.

It was now around the time when the warlock was due. Jeongguk had started to feel his stomach cramp. He was the worst kind of cramp. He felt like he was dying, and he was scared. He had woken up with this pain with a small scream. The scream had made Taehyung wake up and fall out of bed. He rushed around to check if his husband was okay.

He saw the pain on Jeongguk's face and rushed out of their bedroom to call the surgeon that was rooming with Namjoon as he had arrived a week earlier to just be on the safe side.

Jeongguk had rolled onto his back, and he could feel a building pressure in his lower abdomen. He waited till Taehyung came back as he groaned in pain.

Jeongguk didn't know how long it had been. He didn't keep track; not like he bothered as he was laying in pain. He gripped at the sheets around him and let out staggered breaths.

The warlock jolted from the sound of the door opening, and he saw not only his husband but also the surgeon with his bag of tools and Namjoon running in. Taehyung closed the door behind them to not let the other maids see.

"Hmm.." the surgeon hummed as he felt over Jeongguk's stomach and looked over his body and then at Namjoon. "He seems to be in the early stages of labor… We can't let it get too far along or it'll hurt him and the baby, so we should prepare the area for surgery, it'll take a while.."

"What do we need?" Taehyung asked as he walked over to grab Jeongguk's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"We'll need towels, cold water and.. I've got the tools in my bag and Namjoon you'll need to bring up the numbing creams you've made and the painkiller potions for him too" The surgeon listed as he looked between the two who were standing.

"I'll go get the towels and cold water.." Taehyung nodded, but he couldn't step away as he felt the younger's hand grip his own tightly.

"..Tae…no don't go.." Jeongguk whimpered out as he looked up at his husband with pleading eyes.

Taehyung knelt down next to his face as he gripped his hand back and used his other to brush his hair away from his now sweaty forehead. Taehyung placed a kiss on Jeongguk's forehead.

"I'll only be gone for a few minutes, okay?" He tried to reassure the other. "I'll be back before you know it,"

"Please be..as quick as you can," Jeongguk replied as he felt a shot of pain go up his spine.

"I will." Taehyung placed a kiss on the warlock's hand that he was gripping. "I promise, I love you,"

"I love you too.." Jeongguk sighed out before he groaned in pain.

Taehyung got up and quickly walked to the door but was stopped before he could open it by Namjoon, who whispered in his ear.

"You'll need to step out when we do the surgery.. I'm sorry about it, but the surgeon, Hyun-Ki, needs concentration.."

Taehyung reluctantly nodded and whispered back. "Okay.. I understand.." He gave a glance to his husband, who was grimacing in pain, trying not to scream.

Taehyung stepped out of their bedroom and immediately went to ask a couple of maids where some towels were and a bowl for cold water. They directed him where it was but looked at each other a second.

"We'll go get it for you," one said with a small smile.

"No, no, you don't need too-"

"Please, we'll be quicker, and we'll get it back here in no time," the other maid replied as they both nodded.

"Thank you.. thank you so much.." Taehyung let out a sigh of relief.

The maids smiled and then rushed to go and get the towels and bowl of cold water. Taehyung stood there as he waited for their return.