Chapter 48: Finally Summer.

The months flew by the young couple's eyes as the seasons changed from winter to summer. It was around the beginning of summer and in only a few more weeks the annual knights duel would be taking place. The knights practiced with the prince and the rest; Taehyung would tell the new group the right way to do things after Bae Joon would mess it up more, it brought more stress to the prince but he couldn't do anything bigger than just reteaching the group of knights certain rules and actions at the current time, because with the duel coming up fast there wasn't much else he could think of.

Jeongguk had been studying more and more as the months changed too, he still had been keeping an eye out for anything strange or even another magic user around the castle. Nothing caught his eye, nothing stood out. Whoever was behind the mind control spell was good at keeping themselves hidden and that frustrated Jeongguk to his core. 

With the mix of the prince's stress and the warlock's frustration, you'd think that they'd take it out on something or someone; but no, because they slept together every night they would talk. Let their feelings out through their words or even just silence. If one was wanting to talk the other would listen and they'd take turns every night. If Jeongguk had something he needed to get off his mind, he would and the prince would plant kisses on his forehead and hands while he listened. Then once the warlock finished Taehyung would give a small, but gentle genuine reply before letting it settle and then the prince would talk about his own, while Jeongguk would look at him with such a loving and understanding gaze.

Though they would only do this at night. That was the harder part of it. They could only give one another subtle glances during the day when around the king, which had started to become more and more as the knights duel was approaching. To their surprise they were able to sneak away sometimes, or the prince would sneak down to where the warlock was studying and just sit with him. They didn't need to talk as Jeongguk would ask Namjoon questions about things and Taehyung would only listen with his head on the warlock's shoulder and his arm low around Jeongguk's waist. They never knew if someone would barge into the physician's quarters or not.

This day was like any other, the sun was shining and it was quite warm outside, despite a very light and very few and far between cool breeze, it was the only thing keeping the shade under the trees cool enough to lay under; but the warlock was not under them, he was cooped up in the same quarter's he studied in. His eyes were focused on the pages of the book he was studying, only having a few left thankfully. Jeongguk was in the zone of reading and studying, he didn't hear anything that Namjoon had been saying to him.

"Jeongguk, are you even listening to me…?" Namjoon leant forward in front of the warlock and waved a hand in front of his face.

Jeongguk jumped at the sight and almost dropped the book into his lap as his doe eyes went wide in shock. "Oh my- Namjoon-hyung don't do that… I was in the middle of a sentence…" He whined with a pout.

"That's exactly why I did it, that and you didn't answer me" The male stood back up as he walked back to his window to check on the plants growing there.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon-hyung, what were you asking..?" Jeongguk turned to look at the elder.

"I asked, wouldn't it be better to study outside and not be here all the time? It can get quite stuffy and a change in scenery can be good" Namjoon had made a good point about it being stuffy but to the warlock's knowledge there weren't many other places he could go.

"Well, I wouldn't want to risk anyone seeing this book, you know that," Jeongguk pointed out. "Plus I don't know any other places I could go"

"Isn't there a cloaking spell?" Namjoon asked as he raised an eyebrow, he had only asked this as he knew the contents of the spellbook.