Chapter 21: The First And One Of Many.

There was silence in the room. It wasn't awkward but it was suspenseful. No one dared to breathe too heavy as they watched the prince. Taehyung knelt down to be level with the warlock, his hands trembling as he held one of the younger male's hands in his own. Taehyung felt his heart pound in his chest as he lowered slowly down towards Jeongguk's pale pink lips, they were not their usual colour of soft pink that mimicked that of pink flower petals. He could feel the warlock's shallow breath, it was light and very few and far between what it should be.

The prince hesitated for a second, looking towards the younger's closed eyes. He would've wanted to get permission to kiss him first but there wasn't a way to at this time. Taehyung mentally apologized to the younger male for not asking and placed his lips against the blue tone haired males lips, he closed his eyes not wanting to see if there was a bad reaction. Then he felt something burst from the action. It felt like a gust of wind and it traveled outwards from them. It felt powerful.

Taehyung pulled away slowly, hoping that Jeongguk would wake up. The prince looked away to the other three and sighed, still holding the younger's hand in his. He almost let go when he felt a twitch. He looked back to the warlock who was fluttering his eyes open and looking around, trying to figure out where he was. His hand clenched in the prince's and he looked to where they were laying. Jeongguk's doe eyes followed up to see the prince's and they almost widened, he smiled softly before looking towards the other three standing there.

"What did I miss..?" Jeongguk asked with a soft smile. They all sighed in relief and wiped their tears. "No, seriously, I don't remember anything after I drank from Taehyung's chalice..."

"...were you able to hear anything?" Namjoon asked, looking at the younger.

"A little, though all I remember is that I was stuck in this dark space and there wasn't a way out..." Jeongguk's eyes started to water as he curled into himself. "I was... so scared..." his walls were breaking down around him.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around the warlock and held him close. He let his fingers run through the younger male's hair and placed soft kisses along Jeongguk's forehead trying to comfort him.

"It's okay, you're safe now, you're alive" Taehyung reassured as he rubbed the other's back slowly and softly. "I'm here, it's okay" He consulted into the younger's ear.

"We should let you two talk" Jin muttered as he gestured to the two who stood beside him to leave the quarters with him.

Jeongguk watched with teary yet confused eyes as they slowly left the room. He gripped the blankets below his hands as he felt them start to shake. The warlock looked at the prince and waited for him to start talking.

"I... firstly, I should explain that Namjoon-hyung found two different cures... one was with a yellow orchid that I had but my father destroyed before Namjoon-hyung could even use it and the other cure was ...to..." Taehyung trailed off softly.

"To...?" Jeongguk questioned softly.

"To... kiss you" Taehyung looked away. "Before you say anything, I definitely wanted your permission before I would even kiss you entirely but due to circumstance... I couldn't get your permission and I'm deeply sorry for that...you were probably saving it for someone and I just-"

"Hyungie, it's okay" Jeongguk smiled as he looked into the prince's eyes. "I understand, I mean, based on the circumstances you had no choice and I would be sorry too... I wasn't really saving it for anyone really anyway" he looked away shyly, unlike his normal demeanor of being confident.

"Can I try it again? With your permission this time of course" Taehyung asked, making the warlock look back at him.

"I..uhm.. yes" the warlock squeaked out as the prince's stare was making him shyer than ever.