Chapter 66: Acceptance.

The young engaged couple stood and waited for their friends to arrive in the throne room. The two were nervous but also excited to share the news of their engagement. They couldn't eat their breakfast due to the excitement going through their bodies. Taehyung watched as the warlock played with the engagement ring around his finger as he sat on one of the chairs by the table; it made him smile, seeing the shine of it.

His eyes shifted to look at Jeongguk's face and noticed how loving he was looking at the golden band. Taehyung walked over to the younger and squatted down in front of him, taking the warlock's hands and linking their fingers together so he could kiss the back of Jeongguk's hand.

"It looks beautiful on you, baby." Taehyung looked at the engagement ring that lay upon the other's finger. "It matches your eyes,"

"It does not match my eyes," Jeongguk scoffed playfully. "But it sure is beautiful." He smiled.

"But it does, when you use your magic, of course." Taehyung smiled back. "Do you want to know something else about this ring?"

"Hmm, sure," Jeongguk nodded.

"My mother told me to give it to someone who would truly make me happy, who would truly care and truly love me and most importantly help me lead my kingdom to a better future" Taehyung spoke in such a way that it felt like a whisper of a secret upon the warlocks ears. "And I did just that,"

Jeongguk looked at the ring and held a fond smile before looking up at the other.

"Do..." He stopped for a second, contemplating his decision before humming. "Do you think your mother would like me?"

Taehyung understood the younger's hesitance with his question and took a second to think of how he would word his reply. He hummed and rubbed the back of the warlock's hand lightly with his thumb.

"I think.." Taehyung took the time to softly run his thumb over each knuckle of the younger's hand. "She would love you, just as much as she loved me... she.. she would have treated you as if you were another son to her. She would've given us her blessing in our marriage, and her blessing would've overshadowed my fathers.. as if he would've given us his blessing in the first place..." Taehyung chuckled softly at the end.

"But yes, she would've loved you, but not as much as me," Taehyung finished.

"Tae..." Jeongguk didn't know what to say to that. "..I would've loved to have known her,"

Their conversation ended as soon as the throne room door opened and their hyungs came through the doors in a rush. The young couple stood up at the commotion and watched as their hyungs settled inside and the door was close behind them.

"So, why did you call us here?" Namjoon asked as he looked at the two with a smile.

"You two know I don't like waking up this early, especially after a nightmare.." Yoongi muttered.

"Do you need a higher dosage, Yoongi-hyung?" Namjoon asked.

"No, no, it's fine as it is." He shook his head. "Just focus on what these two lovebirds want to tell us,"

"I hope it's something good," Jimin smiled. "Don't you agree, Jin-hyung?" He asked.

"It better be!" Jin exclaimed. "We need can't delay today's training session more than we need too."

"Exactly, I need to make sure the knights know everything by heart!" Hoseok continued from Jin's comment.

"Hyungs!" Taehyung shouted to get their attention. "It won't take too much of your time, nor is it something bad." He looked at the warlock. "We have an announcement to make to you guys and only you guys,"