Chapter 14

Yoko's POV:

"I'm. So. Nervous." Mina shuddered.

"S-same." I said.

Chisako simply grunted in reply, but I could see nervousness in her eyes too.

Our class was in the waiting room, waiting for the Sports Festival to start. I had wished the Hayashi Twins luck before threatening to beat them. I'm such a nice friend.

"Midoryia." Shoto said, walking up to him.

"What is it, Todoroki-kun...?" Deku asked.

"On an objective basis," Shoto said straightforwardly, "I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength."

Shoto! I whipped my head to stare at my brother.

"You've managed to get All Might's eyes on you, right?" Shoto said. "I feel no need to pry into that, but...I'm going to beat you."

"Oho? What's this?" Denki asked. "A declaration of war from the strongest kid in the class?"

Kirishima tried to calm Shoto down, but Shoto said, "I'm not here to play and make friends. But whatever."

"..." Deku fiddled with the hem of the U.A suit. "I have no idea what you want from me...telling me all that...your stronger than me...I think the vast majority of people are no match for you...looking at it objectively..."

"C'mon, Midoryia, don't be so negative--" Kirishima said.

"Even so!" Deku cut him off. "Everyone--even some from different departments, are aiming for the top with all their might! So not even I...can just let myself lag behind the rest! So I'm going for it...With all my might too!"

"....." Shoto stared at the green-haired boy. "Oohh."

Oh my god, this is so embarrassing, I can feel the second hand embarrassment, Shoto what the fuck--

"Hrm." Bakugou grunted, staring at Deku and Shoto.

"Oooh, someone is planning to fiiiiiiight~" Chisako whispered loudly, clearly targeting her words towards the spiky-haired blonde. The latter swiveled around to glare at her and yelled, "SHUT UP!"

"This class is going to be the death of me..." I sighed, and Jiro nodded along silently in agreement.

Although, I could understand Shoto's sudden declaration of war. This sports festival was an open event for all heroes to come and watch and pick out who they wanted as their interns, which meant...he was here too.

Endeavour, No. 2 pro hero, and Shoto's dear old father.

This was going to be interesting.

***

"THE U.A SPORTS FESTIVAL! WHERE THE HERO WORLD'S INCHOATE LITTLE EGGS AIM FOR EACH OTHER'S THROATS--AND FOR THE TOP!" Present Mic screamed. "AND LET ME GUESS, ALL YOU MISCREANTS CAME TO SEE THEM, RIGHT? THE FRESHLY-FORMED MIRACLE STARS THAT SHRUGGED OFF A MASS VILLAIN ATTACK WITH WILLS OF STEEL! THE DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS...FRESH-MAN CLASS! YOUR HERE FOR CLASS 1-A, RIGHT?!"

My class started to walk out into a large clearing. Bright lights flashed. The audience roared. Not gonna lie, I kinda felt badass.

I felt really bad for Etsudo and Aika and the rest of the other departments. We were getting all the attention because of the USJ incident. Too bad though, it wasn't like we had planned to be the center of attention.

"Now, now, fair play!" Yelled pro hero Midnight, cracking her whip and revealing a very inappropriate costume. She was the one who had talked to me during the USJ trip.