Chapter 18

"HERE TODAY WE HAVE ETSUDO HAYASHI FROM CLASS B!" Present Mic shrieked. "AND BATTLING AGAINST HER WE HAVE IBARA SHIOZAKI, THE ASSASSIN ALSO IN CLASS B!"

"Excuse me, but what do you mean by assassin?" Ibara asked.

"CHICKENS." Etsudo cackled as she made her way to the clearing.

"GO ETSUDO!!!!" Yoko and Aika screamed their lungs out.

"START!"

Ibara's viney hair started to creep up to Etsudo. From her palms, Etsudo summoned a few eggs (sorry that sounds wrong) and they cracked and the chickens from inside burst forth.

The chickens started to peck furiously at Ibara's vines, discarding them as soon as they appeared. A few of the chickens made their way to Ibara's feet, and bawked loudly at her.

"Oh, merciful God, please allow these loyal chickens to rest in peace." Ibara clamped her hands together and prayed. More vines protruded from her hair and smacked the chickens away.

"Nobody hurts my chickens." Etsudo crossed her arms, her eyes twitching.

Half of the remaining chickens sped toward Ibara, squawking loudly. Ibara easily waved them off, but the other half of the chickens managed to haul Ibara out of bounds.

"AND VICTORY GOES TO HAYASHI!!!!"

***

The rest of the first round went like this:

Iida vs Mei Hatsume: Iida

Mina vs Aoyama: Mina

Fumikage vs Momo: Fumikage

Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu: DRAW

Bakugou vs Uraraka: Bakugou

"He should've gone easy on her." Denki said while the students of Class 1-A discussed Uraraka and Bakugou's battle.

"Don't forget how easily I beat you." Yoko huffed.

"Don't remind me...."

Finally, it was time for Chisako vs Aika.

"Remember to win!" Monoma, who was in the stands with the rest of his class, said to Aika.

"R-right..." Aika puffed her chest out, looking disoriented from the pressure

The match was over quickly, though. Chisako managed to easily kick Aika out of bounds.

"Boo-ya." Chisako grinned down at Aika. "I win~"

"You're so mean." Aika sighed.

After, it was announced that Kirishima had won against Tetsutetsu in a arm-wrestling contest.

SECOND ROUND!

Iida vs Etsudo.

Iida's win.

Shoto vs Deku.

Ah....now this was a interesting match.

Deku had almost all his fingers broken. Shoto was suffering from slight frostbite. Deku was yelling at Shoto to use his fire - and eventually, he did.

Midoryia, you wonder child... Yoko thought as the battle raged on.

The match ended, however, when Deku and Shoto both punched each other and Deku got kicked out of bounds. 

"Midoryia must have been really convincing if he managed to make ShoBro use his fire." Yoko said in the stands.

"Yeah..."

Mina vs Fumikage: Fumikage won by pushing Mina out of bounds.

Kirishima vs Bakugou: Bakugou managed to stall until Kirishima's hardening started to break.

"Hey...who am I against?" Yoko squinted at the board.

Chisako Watanabe vs Yoko Todoroki.

"Whoa! I don't know who to cheer for!" Jiro said.

"Who do you think will win?" Sato asked.

"Well, Chisako and Yoko have been friends for a long time." Momo said thoughtfully. "They've trained their quirks together. So there's no guessing on who will win."

"Both would be a formidable opponent for the third round." Fumikage mused.

"WE HAVE THE EVER SO SMART YOKO TODOROKI OF CLASS A VERSUS THE SASSIEST OF THEM ALL, CHISAKO WATANABE ALSO FROM CLASS A!!" Present Mic yelled. "I'M PSYCHED TO SEE WHO WINS! BETS ARE IN! STARTTTTTTTTTTTTT!"

Both girls struck first. Chisako summoned two energy balls in her hand and shot them at Yoko. However, Yoko had anticipated this move and dodged quite easily. Yoko bent down and touched her shoes, commanding them to allow her to fly (like in the obstacle race). She started to skate through air toward CHisako.

Chisako wasn't as dumb as she let on, though. She simply ducked as Yoko tried to grab her, and shot a energy ball containing the emotion Curiosity. As soon as the energy collided with the daughter of Endeavor, she dropped from the sky and started to look around, bewildered.

"Whoa! So many people!" Yoko said in a daze. "Fire...bright! So loud! Wowwwww!!"

Chisako smirked and kicked Yoko down, preparing to knock her out.

Yoko's shoes started to think on their own. The shoes twisted and pulled Yoko out of the way just as Chisako aimed a punch.

"Huh? What happened?" Yoko shook out of her trance and looked around.

"DAMN SHOES!!!!" Chisako yelled, her hands sparking.

"Oh. Shoes. Heh." Yoko grinned cheekily, which just irritated Chisako more.

Yoko crouched and gathered up a handful of sand. Since sand is non-living, Yoko could manipulate it freely. The sand swirled around Chisako, creating a barrier that was unapproachable and unescapable.

"Hey!" Chisako coughed and choked. "Hey! Stupid sand!" after a bit of struggling, she stuck her hand out from the sand barrier and shot energy at her opponent.

It hit Yoko directly in her arm. It didn't have the strong effect on her, but it still messed up her emotions. Suddenly, Yoko felt very, very, very tired.

"Hey..." Yoko's words slurred.

The sand swirled around Chisako more aggressively.

Both girls collapsed at the same time.