Chapter 22

Yoko's POV:

"Um....hey, are you all right?" Denki poked me.

"Ugh....fans...tried to....kill me........"

"They tried to kill you?"

"As in, there were so many I almost got squashed. Me and Shoto, that is." I rested my chin on top my hands.

"That happened to me too, actually." Denki said. "We got famous thanks to the festival!"

The bell rung, and Aizawa came in.

"Aizawa-Sensei, I'm happy you were able to get out of your bandages!" Tsuyu exclaimed.

"The old lady got over-dramatic with her healing." Aizawa mumbled, clearly talking about Recovery Girl. Then louder, he said, "But let's put that aside. Today's Hero Informatics Period is a bit special."

Everybody gulped, preparing to be hit by the news of a pop quiz or something.

"Its time to formulate your code names. Hero names."

The mood changed, and we all threw their hands up in the air, cheering. "HOW AWESOME!"

"But first..." Aizawa's hair started floating in a way to make us calm down. "I received and organized all the nominates from the pro heroes for the internships." Aizawa pointed at the screen. "Typically the results are more balanced, but this year all the attention leaned toward the two of you.

Shoto - 4123

Bakugou - 3556

Fumikage - 360

Chisako - 347

Iida - 301

Yoko - 299

Denki - 272

Momo - 108

Kirishima - 68

Uraraka - 20

Sero - 14

"Wow..." I sweatdropped. "I don't know whether to feel insulted or complimented."

"At least you got 299 votes!" Denki said.

"Damn, Shoto got four fucking thousand votes." Chisako said in a faint voice. But she came back strong when she realized the difference between her number and mine. "HA! I'M BETTER THAN YOU!"

Aizawa announced that even if they didn't get any votes, they would have to do a internship with someone. Then it was time to pick hero names.

"The names you pick now!" Midnight said, strutting into the room, "The names you come to be known as to the world! In many cases, they stay that way after becoming pros!"

"Midnight!"

"She is correct," Aizawa started to get his sleeping bag out. "She'll be the one evaluating your naming sense, because I can't."

Boards got passed around, and we got 15 minutes to pick a hero name for themselves.

After getting admitted into U.A., I had spent every night brainstorming catchy names and writing them down into my notebook, and just a few days ago I had finally found one that really stuck to me, so I wrote it down excitedly. I can't wait to share it with the class...although, it's a little embarrassing...

"I don't know what to do!" Denki whined.

"How about Jamming-yay?" I suggested, laughing.

"Hey that sounds cool! Like that book!" Denki said cluelessly.

Jiro, who had overheard, started to laugh. "You seriously don't get it, do you?"

"Hey! Mean!" Denki said.