Chapter 17

Yoko's POV:

"Yoko." Endeavor thundered.

Sometimes, I meet people that I dislike to an extent that I feel myself getting annoyed even more they open their mouth.

It was like that with Endeavor.

"Oh hello." I forced a smile. "Can you please move? Your huge ego is blocking the way."

Endeavor's eye twitched. "Show respect to your parental figure."

I clicked my tongue. Parental figure? Is he serious? "Only if you give me respect first."

"Shoto failed me." Endeavor glared down at me, and I glared right back up at him, ignoring the fire surrounding him. "I know I have been neglecting you--"

"You knew? Wow! Shocker! Parental figure my ass."

"--But you will fulfill my dream!!"

"Quite yapping. It may be a dream to you, but it's a nightmare for us." I brushed past him, unable to tolerate any more of his bullshittery. 

I walked into the clearing.

"ITS YOKOOOO TODOROKI FROM CLASS A, WHO PLACED FOURTH IN THE FIRST ROUND! IN THE LAST BATTLE, HER BROTHER GAINED AN OVERWHELMING VICTORY, AND EVERYONE IS PYSCHED TO SEE THE POWER OF THE SECOND TODOROKI!"

From the other side of the clearing walked out Denki.

"AND AGAINST HER IS DENKI KAMINARI ALSO FROM CLASS A, THE BOY WHO CAN SHOCK YOU RIGHT OUT OF YOUR SEATS!"

Fire burst forth from the torches around the ring and the match started.

"'So, want to grab a bite together after I win?" Denki smirked. "Cause this is going to be over before you can answer."

From his body spewed out electricity. I simply shook off my jacket (which I had gotten back after the obstacle race) and willed it to become electricity-proof. Then I made it grow up to twice the size of me. I shielded myself and stood there as the electricity bounced off my jacket. I even let out a happy little tune as I waited for it to be over.

Yep, he's a dumbass.

"Hm? Its not working!" Denki grunted. "1.8 million volts!"

Of course, he turned into a babbling idiot. I commanded my jacket to wrap around him, securing him in place.

"Whee hey hee!" Denki coughed as the jacket choked him.

"KAMINARI IS UNABLE TO MOVE!" Midnight whipped her whip. "YOKO ADVANCES TO THE SECOND ROUND!"

"Sorry Kaminari." I said, releasing my hold on him. "And about getting a bite together...no thanks."

"Whee hey heee hee yyayya..." Denki said.

I turned around and walked out of the clearing.