Chapter 52

Continued from last chapter.

Yoko POV:

Ground Gama.

"Um...are you serious?" Sero asked a stretching Mirio.

"I'm dead serious!"

"Mirio...you shouldn't do this." Tamaki said. He had rested his head against the wall. "It would be more than enough for you to just formally tell them that 'it'll be valuable for you to be in this kind of situation'."

"Your so far away." Mineta said. Irrelevant.

"Its not as if they've all been completely full to capacity in trying to improve themselves after all." Tamaki continued. "No matter what, you must not make it so that these kids can't get back on their feet anymore."

"............................"

"Hey! Hey, did'ja know?" Nejire said, moving Mina's horns, much to her discomfort. "A while ago, a boy got sooooo fustrated he completely gave up on being a hero, and caused all sorts of problems, y'know? That Togata, he got it rough!! So you really got to think things through or else this is going to be really hard! Reeeeeaaaallllyyyyy hard!!!"

"Please don't do that....." Mina murmured as Nejire kept touching her horns.

"Isn't this a little too easy?" Chisako murmured to me.

"Well, he seems very confident." I murmured back.

I saw my brother stand off to one side. I guess he didn't want to participate, which seemed weird to me.

"Who wants to go first??" Mirio asked us.

"I'll go--" Kirishima got cut off as Deku stepped forward and yelled, "I'LL GO!"

"So manly! You can go first, Midoryia!"

"Thanks!" Deku squatted, and I saw energy crossing a X on his face.

Since I was mostly a long-ranged combat person, I stayed in the back.

Deku lunged at Mirio, but suddenly, Mirio's clothes started to fall off.

"HOLY FUCK!" Chisako shrieked.

Deku kicked at Mirio's face, but his foot went straight through.

Aha. So he can phase through things.

I hefted the two pieces of metal Momo had made me in advance, and commanded them to fly around Mirio and clamp over his face, but as I did, the metal just went straight through him.

The other long-range fighters started to shoot their respective quirks at Mirio, but it passed through him.

"WAIT!" Iida said suddenly. "He's gone!"

"gone?"

Suddenly, I felt something strong connect to my stomach, and a second later, I was lying on the ground with the other long-range fighters as Mirio grinned.

HE TELEPORTED?

"All right class!" Aizawa yelled. "This is a great oppurtunity to show off your learning! This man...is the closest to being No. 1!!!"

"No.1 my ass." Chisako groaned from beside me. "He's so strong!"

OUt of the corner of my eye, I saw Mirio appear behind Deku, but Deku seemed to have anticipated his move and jumped forward. However, Mirio started to move his finger to Deku's eye, and Deku seemed to think that Mirio was going to poke him. But instead, Mirio's finger went through his eye and he swung his other arm and punched Deku straight in the gut.

Then Mirio went around, taking down the other close-range fighters.

***

After we all got up (clutching our stomachs), Mirio explained his quirk to us. It was called Permeation - Where he can phase through things.

He also explained that he wasn't able to control his quirk, and he only got strong when he started to do work studies under a certain hero.

Sir Nighteye?  I thought to myself as I rubbed my gut in pain. Maybe I can as him.

"All right, everybody back to the classroom!" Aizawa told us.