Chapter 76

3rd person POV:

"IN NO. 10 PLACE, ONE RANK LOWER THAN LAST TIME, Dragoon Hero: Ryukyu!!!!!!!"

"I don't feel like I deserve this..." Ryukyu waved to the crowd and cameras.

"NO. 9! WE HAVE Yoroi Musha!!!!"

"NO. 8! WE HAVE THE Washing Hero: Wash!"

"Wash wash wash wash!" Wash said.

"NO. 7! A SIGNIFICANT LEAP! Kamui Woods!"

"Its a honor." Woods said.

"NO.6 WE HAVE THE Shield Hero: Crust!"

"All Might..." Crust said with tears in his eyes.

"NO. 5! WE HAVE THE Bunny Hero: Miruko!"

"Weaklings join teams!" Miruko scoffed.

"NO. 4! THE Ninja Hero: Edgeshot!"

"Be quiet. We are in public." Edge said.

"And now, the Top Three!" The announcer shouted. " In third, we have a absent hero, No. 3, Best Jeanist!!!!!!"

"NO. 2! A HERO WHO IS FAST FOR HIS OWN GOOD! THE Winged Hero: Hawks!"

"That's an exaggeration." Hawks scratched his neck.

"AND NOW! NO. 1! AT LAST - THE FLAME HERO: ENDEAVOR!"

As the president of the Hero Safety Commission gave a speech, Hawks leaned over to Endeavor.

"So, how's it like being No.1?" Hawks whispered.

Endeavor simply glared at him..

"And now, a words from each hero!"

A mic got thrust into Ryukyu's face.

"Thank you very much." Ryukyu said. "However, if possible, I would have liked to decline this offer. There were more lives I could have saved. I will strive to a be a hero to be more befitting to my rank."

"Ryukyu..."

"I UNDERSTAND, RYUKYU!" Crust butted in. "THAT ANGUISH IN YOUR HEART! THAT FEELING OF SELF-APPROACH! WE ALL MUST RISE TO THE CHALLENGE!"

"Crust, wait your turn."

"What I must do has not changed." Musha said on his turn.

"WASH!" Wash exclaimed.

"I intend to work hard as part of Edgeshot's team." Woods said. "Without bringing shame to my senpais."

Hawks stuck his tongue out.

"WHY WAS I NOT THERE AT THE KAMINO INCIDENT?" Crust cried. "THE REGRET WEIGHS DOWN MY HEART!"

Hawks tapped his foot.

"Hey you, bad guys out there!" Miruko shouted. "Get ready to be pummelled by me!"

Hawks made a face.

"Numbers don't concern me." Edgeshot said. He was about to say more when Hawkss interrupted.

"WHO CARES ABOUT THAT CRAP?" The Winged Hero exclaimed.

The building went silent.

"Well." Hawks snatched the mic out of the person's hand, and started to lift himself into the air with his wings. "I really don't care about what you all said. Let's see. If we were going by approval ratings, I'd say Best Jeanist here would be 1st...and me second. Edgeshot would be 3rd, and Endeavor would be 4th, and so on. I think approval ratings are the most important thing right now. Is this the time to be clinging to the past? Is it ok to hold up the status? We no longer have a signal. Why are people who don't have a higher rank than me being so tame and subdued on a day that is supposed to be a 'taming point'? Please, speak like real heroes."