Chapter 21

"I AM HERE!" All Might dropped down from the sky in all his glory to present the medals.

"Tenya Iida should be here too, but he had to leave due to family matters!" Midnight yelled. "In third place - FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI!"

"Well done!" All Might hugged Tokoyami, and gave him his medal.

"IN SECOND PLACE! SHOTO TODOROKI!"

"Good job, Young Todoroki."

"..."

"AND THE WINNER OF THE FESTIVAL! FIRST PLACE - KATSUKI BAKUGOU!"

Like a rabid dog, Bakugou tried gnawing through the metal binds around his mouth and let out all kinds of ferocious noises.

"So, what were you saying about Bakugou being hot?" Yoko whispered to Chisako.

"Shut up!"

"Well, let's hear it for the first years!" All Might yelled "WELL DONE!" just as everybody else screamed, "PLUS ULTRA!"

"All Might, that was obviously a Plus Ultra moment!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

***

Yoko's POV:

"We think that you students should have a rest," Aizawa said. "So there will be no school tomorrow and the day after that. I'll organize the all the nominations from the pros and present them after the break. Make sure to get rest."

Class dismissed.

After school, I saw Shoto slip on his shoes to go out somewhere.

"Shoto, where are you going?" I asked.

"The hospital."

I frowned. "Why?"

"To see Mom."

I stared at him.

"Don't try and stop me." Shoto said.

"If I try to stop you, I'll get a black eye." I admitted. "Can I go with you?"

He looked up. "You? Why?" I know he wasn't trying to sound harsh, but it made me flinch anyway.

"But I haven't seen her in a while. I wanna visit her..."

Shoto sighed, adjusting his fanny pack. "Alright, fine." I silently cheered, then grabbed my jacket to cover my black shirt and started to put on my sneakers.

"What's going on here?" Fuyumi asked, poking her head out from the kitchen.

"Hospital."  We both said, pushing open the door.

"Huh?" Fuyumi sweatdropped. "The...the hospital? What's this all of a sudden? Are you sure it's ok to go without telling Dad, guys?"

I scowled. "Endeavor probably couldn't care less."

"Why have you decided to go meet Mom now, after so long?" Fuyumi's voice wavered.

Shoto turned around and left without answering, so I shot Fuyumi an apologetic look and followed him. Once we got to the hospital, we signed in and made our way to Rei Todoroki's room.

"Do you....?" I gestured to the door of Rei's room.

Shoto, who's hand was shaking, hesitantly opened the door.

Rays of sunshine passed through the windows, illuminating Rei's silky white hair and bringing back a sparkle into her light grey eyes.

"Mom....?"