Chapter 12

Meanwhile.

"Uwa~ That was fun~" Chisako stretched.

"They were so weak that they barely put up a fight." Bakugou said calmly, kicking an unconscious villain.

"Phew!" Kirishima's skin turned from ragged to normal. "We should get back to our classmates."

"You're right." Chisako said, frowning. "I'm worried about Yoko and Yao-Momo."

"No." Bakugou said flatly.

"Wha--?"

"I said, no, you deaf bastard." Bakugou said in a surprisingly way-too-calm voice. "I want to fight more villains."

And then he reached behind him and exploded the invisible villain who was sneaking up on them. The villain fell to the floor.

Chisako and Kirishima gaped at the villain, then at Bakugou.

"Wow." Kirishima said. "I imagined you more, like, angry like."

"Me too." Chisako said.

"SHUT UP!"

"Oh, there it is."

Chisako gave Bakugou a smug grin. "What a shame, you actually looked pretty good when you weren't shouting."

"SHUT UP!"

"Oh come on, that was a compliment!"

"SHUT UP!" 

"....I feel like the third wheel here." Kirishima sweatdropped.

"Don't worry Kiri, hun, I'll be dead before I even think about touching Kacchan here." Chisako said. Kirishima blushed at the nickname, but Chisako didn't notice.

"DON'T CALL ME KACCHAN!"

***

Yoko's POV:

The villian must have been immune to Denki's electricity attack, and now he was back for more blood (txt reference what). He squeezed me and Denki's bodies even tighter and snarled at our comrades. "Hands up, and don't even think about using your quirks! The second you do, these two gets it!"

Helplessly, Momo and Jiro raised their hands over their heads.

Jiro started to talk. She complimented the Villain, and Momo and I could see her small ear jack about to plug into her boot and send an attack at the Villain--

"I'm not that dumb." the Villain growled, dodging Jiro's attack.

"Ah!" I yelped as I felt the Villain's hand crush my arm. Pain coursed throughout my body and I involuntarily let out a scream.

"Please hang on, Yoko! We will help you!" Momo said.

"Yeah, I kn--khh!" I couldn't say anything with feeling more pain.

Death.

What a strange concept.

Will I actually die...in a place like this?

Is All Might here?

Is everyone else all right?

Will this villain kill me?

I've trained since I was ten years old to become a great hero and to defeat villains, but now that I find myself actually on the battlefield, I can't move. I barely used my quirk and I was apprehended before I could actually do anything useful.

If Shoto was here, he could've easily broken out of the villain's hold with his ice. 

I can't even think properly, let alone use my quirk.

Ah shit, I'm so damn useless.

"Hang on, you two! W-we'll do something!" Momo shouted, sweat pouring down her face. I could practically see her brain moving at a million miles per hour. Jiro's ear jacks twirled anxiously.

"Whee hee heyyy..." Denki mumbled.

Tears flooded my eyes and I blinked fast so they wouldn't fall. 

Someone, please...

A bullet pierced the Villain's hand, making him scream and drop me and Denki. Turns out Tenya had brought a whole bunch of heroes with him. Gasping for air, I sprawled out on the stony ground. Momo immediately ran over.

"Yoko--" Momo started.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, I should've used my quirk or something. That's what you would've done..." Momo is so much more reliable and smarter than me...her quick-thinking would've gotten her out of the Villain's hold. I forced a small smile. My arm was completely crushed, but it was guilt that was weighing me down much more than the pain was.

Jeez, what the hell is wrong with me?  I laughed weakly. Momo's face scrunched up in deep concern and she called over one of the heroes for help.

Midnight, the R-Rated Hero, walked over to us.  She examined my arm. "Dear, that seems bad. Nothing Recovery Girl can't fix though."

I didn't say anything. 

Death.

Maybe I deserved it.

just for clarification: just like the guilt bakugou holds for 'bringing all might down' and the guilt deku holds for not being able to do anything for all might is the same as the guilt yoko feels for not being able to do anything to help in this situation. she feels as if shes 'bringing the team down', even though its not her fault that she got captured. she just has an incredibly fucked up mindset.

i knew that if i were to get teleported into the mha universe, i would burst into tears the moment i saw a villain, so i projected some of my cowardliness onto my oc lol

stream chasing that feeling by txt and have a nice day