Birthday Cake - Hailee Steinfeld

Inspired by Birthday Cake by Dylan Conrique

You were going to kill Billie. She had let it slip to your girlfriend when your birthday is. Now she was bothering you about it.

"So Billie told me you share a birthday with my best friend." She starts. You sigh and continue cleaning. "Sooooo what would you like for your birthday?"

"Billie lied to you."

"So you don't share a birthday with Cara?" She was confused.

"Nope."

"So when is your birthday then?"

"I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Babe it can't be that hard. Just tell me the numbers. I've known you for years and I always had my guesses. I started to think your birthday was New Years because you just say I'm another year older now. What's so bad about your birthday?"

You drop what your doing and it catches Hailee attention. You grab the dogs leashes and they run to you.

"I'm taking Martini and Loko for a walk." You say. Within seconds you are out the door.

What the hell just happened? Hailee wonders. She shouldn't pry but she's so confused. Instantly she calls Billie.

"How may I help you?"

"Did you lie? Is her birthday not August 12th?"

"What? No I didn't fucking lie. What did she tell you?" Hailee glances at the door.

"Nothing she just left with the dogs when I told her to tell me. What happened on her birthday?" Billie holds up a finger in the camera.

"I'm going to stop you right there. It's not my place to say." Hailee nods she's felt bad for even asking. "Just give her space to breath and she'll talk to you about it. Can't believe you haven't known this whole time."

"I just figured it was New Years so I get her a gift every year on that day. She never said anything."

"Yea well your girlfriend is a mystery."

"Hey she's your best friend and your sister."

"Yes and I love her. By the way she's safe. In the park with the dogs. Remember space bitch. I don't need her at my place complaining about you."

"Thanks William. She doesn't do that dummy."

"That's Sir William to you. And she does. Bye bitch." Hailee rolls her eyes as they get off the phone. She's trying to think of everything she knows about you.

Almost 2 hours later you show up with the dogs. You let them off there leashes and get them water. Hailee is sitting on the couch in your hoodie.

"I shouldn't have walked out. I apologize for that. I just..."

"Felt trapped. I get it." You both stay silent for a bit. Loko sits at your feet as Martini wanders around.

"Do you want to talk about it? Or we can go to bed. I'm good with whatever you want." You debate on what to do. Two years of dating. You owe this to her.

"Just one second." You feed the dogs and take a deep breath. Walking over to the couch and wrapping Hailee in your hold. "It is August 12th." You kiss her head and pull her even closer.

"I stopped celebrating it years ago. Billie's family are the only ones that knew it. Billie loves birthdays and well I love everyone else birthday but my own."

"Y/n we celebrated Cara's hardcore last year."

"She deserves it. I never told you or anyone because I just want to forget it."