Always Love - Lauren Jauregui

"So I wrote this song about a few years ago. This was one of the hardest break ups I've ever had. Because no one talks about still being in love with someone after a break up. It's always 'I hate them' or 'they cheated' or some other bullshit." The crowd roars when Lauren curses.

"So here is Always Love." You smile at the Latina as she smiles back at you.

It's kinda hard waking up in the morning without you
When I reach over and realize it's over, I just

Fresh in your mind you remember waking up almost every morning on your day off. You would get up and have coffee and breakfast with Lauren. No matter what. Could be sick as ever and still get up to show her how much you love her.

Or you two would have random coffee dates at 6 am after watching the sunset together. You the small spoon because you love to be the little baby. Wrapped in blankets looking up at the sky.

Soothing music playing in the background. Or sometimes you have your guitar with. Some of it is spent in silence just reveling in each other and some is spent talking to each other. Depends on the day you two might have ahead.

Nonetheless it was always in a comfortable silence. Feeling each other energy and love of spending time together.

----

Let the memories wash over me through me and out of me

"Lauren you ready to record?" She smiles at you and gives you a thumbs up. You two had broken up a few months ago. Now you were in the studio helping her produce a song.

You press the button for the track to start. Never hearing any of the lyrics. You had a mastermind way of making the perfect sound for artist with few to no words.

You nod your head imagining playing the piano sound that fills the studio. Until you hear:
But they're still on the sheets and they stay there
So I lay there with you

You lock eyes with her and you know it's about you.

----

Even though we didn't work
It's always love, always love
And even though we hurt each other
More than once

"You were out with her again Y/n." You roll your eyes and continue walking. "Stop walking away from me when I'm talking to you."

"You aren't talking you are yelling. Like you have a point to prove."

"I do have a point to prove."

"Just say you don't trust me then!" You snap at her. "Just say it. Everytime I'm out with someone you panick. You assume the worst. I'm not your exs. I'm me. I do everything to treat you like a fucking Queen. Yet you rather nitpick at the little shit I do." You start changing so you can go to the gym. Anywhere but near your girlfriend right now. "Yes I get it. I called her babe, but as a friend. I've known her since I was 6. Yes I played her love interest, but there is nothing happening there. It would never happen because I am in love with you. And you know I don't say that shit lightly."

You finish getting dressed and start walking to the garage with your shoes in hand.

"I trust you. I do more than anything. I...... my insecurities. I don't want to lose you."

"Lose me? Are you kidding? Lauren..... Baby I would kiss the ground you walk on before I let you go. You will always be a part of my life." Then you realize you shouldn't have acted the way you did.

You grab her hand and lead her to the couch. Pulling her into your lap.

"I'm always yours. I'm sorry I didn't want to listen and I was an asshole. I should've..... ugh..... I shouldn't be putting you down and making you question us or worried I'm out doing something I shouldn't be. Lauren I love you like no other. So whatever I can do to make you feel secure I am willing to compromise. Okay?"