chapter 5

Caera:

The last thing I saw before the light consumed us was Grey. He looked confused and almost looked scared at what was happening. When the light consumed us I was brought into an endless dark void. I floated in the void for who knows how long, but after a bit, parts of my life appeared around me. When I first met Grey, his bloody body with a shattered mana core and going to die.

Then another one of when Grey held me up choking me. Then when we shared a bedroll together to stay warm. Running through the forest dealing with those birds. The rune we fixed together. Then seeing each other at Central academy.

I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be happy moments or sad moments. Over the time I've spent with Grey or Arthur I've felt happy. But then the times we were separated I felt sad. He was someone fun to hang out with, someone I enjoyed being with, but nothing else... right?

As I was thinking of these thoughts I saw a light appear past the memories. This light started to drag me over to it. I tried to fight back, but my body wouldn't move. Once I reached the light it started to change.

I was now in a large field, a large field that I've been in before, this field was where Scythe Seris would train me. Once I got my vision back I looked around to see Severn, my brother alive. I also saw Seris sitting on a rock. I was about to get up and run over to Severn. But before I could my body started to feel queasy, as if it was being distorted. Then everything went poof and the next thing I knew I was in the air looking down at a boy around my age.

He had auburn brown hair with wheat-blond streaks in the mix of his auburn hair. He had bright blue eyes with shining gold eyes and light pale skin that could've made you think he was sick.

I landed on top of the boy our faces inches apart only being stopped by my hands landing on the bed beside his head. I could feel my face start to heat up after realizing the position we had ended up in. After looking into his eyes I started to get a feeling that I'd met his person before, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Caera?" He asked, surprising me that he knew my name and who I was.

"Arthur?" I questioned taking a shot in the dark, somewhat hoping my guess to be true.

After confirming the other to be who we thought they were, we started to make a plan on how to introduce me to his parents after our initial shock of time travelling, though it wasn't much other than going "huh we're back in the past". Once our plan was made Arthur had me and Regis go out the window to prepare.

I found some ragged clothes to put on and went and found a place to set up. I then found a mud patch and while it was disgusting I still rolled around in it to play my part in our plan.

After that, I just sat there and waited for Arthur to show up. People walked by me and ignored me. They turned their heads in disgust when they saw me, it felt terrible. It made me realize just how much poor people suffer from Highbloods.

'If I ever get the chance I will make everyone equal,' I vowed to myself.

When Arthur finally showed up, he sat down beside me while we waited for his mother to come. He must have been surprised by my appearance as he had asked if I was alright as if I had been attacked by someone.

Once his mother showed up we somewhat emotionally blackmailed her into believing us and letting me live with them.

Arthur:

Once my mother accepted that Caera is allowed to live with us, that meant she needed some better clothes and to have a bath as she was quite smelly. We went back to the mansion and let Caera have a bath while we cleaned her clothes and took some of Lilia's clothes for her to wear till we got her some new clothes.