Chapter 56

Caera Denoir:

As we were about to leave the room Claire opened the door to reveal, Sevren! "B-B-Brother?" I asked, feeling my body shaking, my legs becoming weak.

"It's good to see you again, Caera," Sevren smiled. I couldn't hold myself back. I ran over to him and gave him a large hug. I've missed him so much, and now, I get to see him again.

"Caera, who is that?" Claire asked, looking at Sevren confused. "He's my brother," I said, whipping tears of joy from my eyes. I finally get to see him after so long. I couldn't be happier.

"Excuse me Claire, but could you leave us alone for a bit. It's been a couple years since I've seen her and I'd like to have some time to catch up with her," Sevren asked. Claire gave him a small nod, she didn't seem to be certain about him, but she let it go and walked out the door. "Tell Arthur I'll be a bit late," I yelled, getting a nod from Claire as she left.

"So, what are you doing here in Dicathen? Shouldn't you still be in Alacrya?" I asked, shutting the door and sitting down on my bed while Sevren grabbed one of the chairs at the desks and sat down.

"I was sent here to find you by Scythe Seris," Sevren said. I looked up at him, confused. "How did you know I was here?" I asked, while Sevren just chuckled, before taking out a note and handing it to me.

I opened it and inside revealed that one of the Alacryan spies had figured out who I was and asked why I was here, most likely because I wasn't on the mission list for the spies. "Seris had taken it from someone delivering it to the High-Sovereign. If he had gotten it, you could've had a lot more problems," Sevren said, his tone changing from happy to serious.

I noticed something different about Sevren. He was different then before. He was stronger. While right now I may be an initial silver mage, but he gives off an aura of power and as if right now, I don't think I'll be able to fight him.

"So, you wanna tell me about your little boyfriend?" Sevren asked, he looked impatient for answers. His eyes narrowed down at me, as if I had done something wrong.

"Um, why do you want to know about him? Shouldn't you be worried for your little sister's safety?" I asked, trying to deflect the question off me, not really wanting to give him any reasons to hunt Arthur down.

"This is me worried about my little sister's safety. You just disappeared and now here you are, in Dicathen and dating someone! I think this is the proper thing to ask as a big brother!" Sevren said, causing me to sigh. How am I going to get out of this?

"Well, his name is Arthur. We sorta started to date a bit over a year ago. Is that enough?" I asked, not really wanting to go in depth about Arthur. "No, that's the bare minimum. I could've gotten a better answer from your roommate!" Sevren pointed out, causing me to sigh in defeat. Why does he need to push this?

"Well, what else do you want to know?" I asked, but felt like I would regret this question real quickly. "I want to know where he is so that I can kill him," Sevren said, pulling out his dagger. "Then I won't tell you."

"Didn't you tell your roommate to say you'll be late? So, I would just need to figure out where she is," Sevren said, closing his eyes for a sec. "Ah, there she is. Alright Caera, I'm gonna go kill your boyfriend, be back in a bit," Sevren said, getting up from the chair and walking over to the door to leave.

"No you're not!," I yelled, grabbing the back of his clothes and pushing him to the ground. I rushed over and blocked the exit, not letting him leave, "Ow, that hurt. And you know I can just go out the window," Sevren said, walking towards the window to leave.